user group formatting

Discussion in 'Community Styling' started by fixer, Jul 27, 2019.

1. fixer

fixer I'm In My Prime

+1,015
    your thoughts?

we have always used the conventional...

Red - admin
    Orange - moderator
    Blue - sponsor/feeder
    Yellow/Gold - VIP members

all Bold

recently we changed to bright style colors with thin black outline and i have to admit i really like them , especially when they generated $60 worth of upgrades because people started asking how they could get a “fancy name”

24C42E95-D7B1-43FA-B7EC-99DB1422DBF7.png

2. BioWarfare

BioWarfare The uphill battle

+139
    I've personally never been a fan of colorful username styling. I prefer something simple like making usernames Bold for staff members but all usernames have the same color and font. So instead of giving usernames colors, I prefer just using badges for people that belong in certain groups like VIP/Gold/etc. that are shown in their posts and profiles.

The reason I don't like colorful username styling is because as a guest or new user, I often find it confusing or downright hard on some websites, to figure out why some users have colorful names and it can create an elitist view for some members and on new forums I want all members to appear equal. Also sometimes it is just ugly.

3. DarkGizmo

DarkGizmo Enthusiast

+9
    I've switched it up sometimes, but generally mine is similar.

Admins: Red
    Mods: Blue or Green.
    VIPs: gold/orange

Failing that, I allow individual username formatting, but that's only if such an add-on exists, and as of right now, one does not exist for XF2.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.