Upgrade your site search: Try Threadloom during Early Access and get 1 year free

Discussion in 'XenForo' started by Threadloom, Aug 14, 2016.

1. Threadloom

Threadloom Sponsor

+89
    Threadloom – the 1st cloud-hosted site search engine designed specifically for forums – is now available via Early Access. It is currently compatible with vBulletin 4.2.x and XenForo 1.5.5 or higher.

With Threadloom, you no longer have to worry about index maintenance, search captchas, search-induced table locks, or poor quality results. Instead, you can finally give your users the modern search features they’ve been waiting years for without adding any add’l server resources, including:
    • A graceful way to view threads and posts in search results
    • A fast and easy way to filter results by forum
    • True real-time indexing and search results
    • Fast user and tag restricts
    • Advanced spell correction
    • Responsive UI
    Threadloom takes 5 minutes for most forums to install, is fully encrypted, is 99.9% available with redundancy across multiple data centers, and automatically scales to meet any level of user demand on your forum.

Threadloom is free during Early Access (lasting until at least the end of Sept. 2016). In addition, forums who install and provide feedback on Threadloom during Early Access will receive 1 year of service for free.

For more information on features and to see some sample customer installations, visit our website; and to apply for Early Access, submit a 2-minute survey.

Thanks,

Paul

2. ncbetz

ncbetz Enthusiast

+47
    What happens if I chose not to use you after the free 1-year? Do I lose any data?

3. Threadloom

Threadloom Sponsor

+89
    No, you don't lose any data. At any point in time if you decide to stop using Threadloom, you can uninstall it like you would with any plug-in, and your search will automatically revert to what you were using before Threadloom.

4. Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski Adherent

+64
    What if you have other client accessing the site, will apps like Tapatalk still work and be able to search?

5. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Tazmanian

+1,800
    Hopefully not.
    :)

Seems like it wont ... good question.

6. Scott Greczkowski

+64
    I want to get rid of Tapatalk, but my users wont let me. :(

7. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Tazmanian

+1,800
    Well ... They are you have !

8. mysiteguy

mysiteguy Administrator

+2,279
    Set it up so the banner doesn't show. Then disable new sign-ups for it, and don't advertise it to new users. Over time natural attrition will reduce the number of people using it to the point you can dump it, or by then have more options open to you (such as the two apps for Xenforo).

9. Solidus

Solidus Stupid machines!

+334
    Just got my email, onto testing.

10. CarpCharacin

CarpCharacin Habitué

+165
    When someone is searching, it says "viewing unknown page". It doesn't say searching.

11. Threadloom

Threadloom Sponsor

+89
    Threadloom doesn't interfere with Tapatalk; so yes, it will continue to work and be able to search your site.

12. Scott Greczkowski

+64
    Interesting... I will be signing up tomorrow to try it out then. Thanks!

13. Drastic

Drastic Habitué

+633
    Show some sites using it.

I want to see it in action.

14. Drastic

Drastic Habitué

+633
    What does this do that is better than elastic search for XF?

15. ozzy47

ozzy47 Tazmanian Veteran

+4,329
    TAZ is running it. ;)

16. Drastic

Drastic Habitué

+633
    Ah man...I posted a reply about it, but maybe forgot to press the post button.

It looks clean and a bit more organized than regular search. That's for sure...

17. Scott Greczkowski

+64
    I submitted my application.

Wasn't sure how to answer the FastCGI answer. But if I look at my PHP info FastCGI is listed.

Server API - FPM/FastCGI

Scott

18. ncbetz

ncbetz Enthusiast

+47
    I am running it. Not much to search though. :p

19. ncbetz

ncbetz Enthusiast

+47
    I didn't know what to say either, they have a way to check for you (at least they did for me). Very helpful folks.

20. Threadloom

Threadloom Sponsor

+89
    Thanks, Scott. We got your survey response. I'll review and it and be in touch soon.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.