Uh oh....wtf do I do?

Discussion in 'Hosting Discussions' started by theripetomato, Feb 2, 2012.

1. theripetomato

theripetomato Participant

+1
    Got this email this morning from the CIRA (Canada):

The Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA), the organization responsible for managing .CA domain names in Canada would like to advise you that your Registrar, Webserve Communications Inc. is no longer a CIRA Certified Registrar.

As a consequence, Webserve Communications Inc. no longer has the access to CIRA systems needed to help you manage your .CA domain name registration(s).

When you registered the following domain name (s), you selected Webserve Communications Inc. as your CIRA Registrar.

theripetomato.ca

2. rngrdanny22

rngrdanny22 Adherent

+4
    transfer to another registrar

3. WebInk

WebInk Enthusiast

+0
  4. PoetJC

PoetJC [* Jacq Of All Trades *]

+2,310
    wow.

hmmm - you may wanna simply transfer your domains to a different registrar. A trusted registrar like http://namecheap.com for instance ;) Although I'm not sure how you'd do that, since you'd need to request EPP Code from your current registrar in able to begin the transfer process.

Yeah - I'd request the epp auth codes for ALL your domains and move them immediately to a trusted registrar.

J.

5. theripetomato

+1
    Wow, thanks guys. Sucks to be me.

6. rngrdanny22

rngrdanny22 Adherent

+4
    Yeah, it's a minor setback, but when you transfer, it should renew your domain for another year. You were probably going to do that one day anyhow.

7. theripetomato

+1
    I had my web space and domain set and bought for 3 years already with Webserve....I only got it in December!!

8. rusty105

rusty105 Habitué

+43
    Verify that this e-mail is legit.

9. theripetomato

+1
    VERY good point man! Just checked the CIRA website and Webserve is still listed on their site as an approved Registrar. Excellent catch man!

10. theripetomato

+1
    So this is the email I get from Webserve....just now:

11. PoetJC

PoetJC [* Jacq Of All Trades *]

+2,310
    That's hilarious in a totally absurd way.
    You mean to tell me they sent that email notice to you AFTER-THE-FACT?! Why the hell would they not advise you of the fact that their "partnership with CIRA has been ended" perhaps a week or at least 24 hours prior!? That would have been an intelligent customer service move if they had.

I'd advise you to transfer your domains to a legitimate domain registrar immediately while you still can.

12. theripetomato

+1
  13. Noles

Noles paypal+

+74
    So it was legit?

14. theripetomato

+1
    Yep, it was the real deal.

Verification: