Tumblr vs. Wordpress...you choose!!

Discussion in 'Blogs, Wikis, and other CMP's' started by Biz Stop Inc., Apr 29, 2015.

1. Shine Pham

Shine Pham Aspirant

+4
    i use Wordpress. i think it easy and friendly. I will try Tumblr after read this threat :D

2. totaltutankoll

totaltutankoll Aspirant

+0
    If Tumblr came as a stand alone install I'd run away from Wordpress in a split second!

3. Alundra

Alundra SMF Friend

+149
    Why? You can get plugins and themes that look EXACTLY like it. In fact I use one and I think it's even called Tumblr or something like it lol.

4. totaltutankoll

totaltutankoll Aspirant

+0
    Very simple the user interface in the Tumblr app is absolutely brill compared to trying to post anything mobile to Wordpress ;)

5. shadowdev

shadowdev Aspirant

+20
    There is tons of applications that sync with wordpress. The fact is that is' more powerful when it comes down to functionality. If you don't need that, then who cares.

6. Spiralcannon2-CW

Spiralcannon2-CW Participant

+13
    Tumblr has an absolutely awful reputation because the amount of Nazi Feminists on it I believe and other general idiots without right life?
    Sure, there's wanting equality but some take it to extremely much too level on my terms :(

Self hosting of b2evolution or wordpress any day please.

7. cornnfedd

cornnfedd Captain Futurama

+84
    I just read my previous post and still agree with it.

8. simplegirl74

simplegirl74 Neophyte

+0
    I use Word Press.

9. Jonathan73

Jonathan73 Aspirant

+1
    I found Wordpress to be very simple and user friendly compared to other website making platforms out there.

10. cornnfedd

cornnfedd Captain Futurama

+84
    wordpress is not more simple then tumblr..

11. PeterH

PeterH Participant

+2
    I haven't used tumblr before, about wordpress it is easy and friendly as I know.

12. Paul M

Paul M Dr Pepper Addict

+1,562
    Tumblr is software ? I thought it was just a site. :X3:

I have set up WP once in the past (for work) and found it easy to set-up and use.

(However, that was 10 years ago now, so its probably quite different now).

13. CarpCharacin

CarpCharacin Habitué

+146
    Wordpress is better.

14. Soulwatcher

Soulwatcher Devotee

+289
    I use wordpress on both of my websites. It's easy to use and make writing articles very easy. :)

15. Shinjiru

Shinjiru Aspirant

+16
    Tumblr is quite interesting...

16. Blueh

Blueh Aspirant

+3
    tumblr was nice 2 or 3 years ago, many people used it for their websites and many designers made amazing themes, but now tumblr wants everyone to use its app and wants everything happen inside the tumblr site because they get money showing ads. For that reason, you can't delete that message "Open in the Tumblr app", for same reason there are fewer and fewer premium themes (look at themeforest).

anyway, tumblr is an excellent choice for search beautiful images and funny gifs, but isn't good for make websites, not anymore.

17. TheVapeFinder

TheVapeFinder Aspirant

+1
    Running a Wordpress powered website, the possibilities are endless with all its current available plugins, themes and build in features.

Even the most inept user can run a wordpress website, they make it incredibly easy these days.

18. radu81

radu81 Fan

+166
    Never used WordPress or Tumblr, but if I need to start a blog I'll go with GRAV CMS ( https://getgrav.org) otherwise the old and good Joomla which I use since 1.0 version and it's easier for me to use it, instead starring from 0 with wp

19. Julie Encabo

Julie Encabo Aspirant

+15
    Wordpress is better since it is Search Engine Optimization friendly while Tumblr is more of a social media network rather than a blog publishing platform and it can be used to find visitors and build an audience for your main blog.

20. selfdecagon

selfdecagon Neophyte

+0
    Hi there, tumblr is okay for a blog platform but I would suggest that you use WordPress. Firstly, because it is a publishing platform. It is also way better because it lets you fully customize your blog. WordPress gives you freedom and flexibility. I, myself started my first self-improvement WordPress blog way back 2011 and it is still growing. You can check it out if you like to: https://ponbee.com
    Good luck blogging!

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted