Feedback Trending Topics

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Paul M, Nov 18, 2018.

1. Paul M

Paul M Limeade Addict

+2,149
    I dont know when this appeared.
    (but seems to be about the same time the new posts counter vanished).

What is the point of it ? because it seems utterly useless.
    Top of my list (or everyones list ?) is a topic not posted in since October.
    After that a couple from last week and the week before, then topics untouched since August !

This is not Facebook, or that home for Twits, so lets not try and pretend to be - with "trending topics".

2. Russ

Russ Administrator

+1,721
    It makes zero sense as to what's listing. 2 of the top 5 "trending threads" latest replies were back in August. Maybe it's going by views or something? Either way, it’s not working. I've yet to see a proper version of "Trending" on XF1 or XF2 that actually makes sense.

3. Pandemixx

Pandemixx Aspirant

+20
    It could be a useful feature if done right. Maybe it should be renamed to (Formerly) Trending Topics in the meantime. :p

4. The Sandman

The Sandman Administrator

+5,547
    Trending Topics has been there for ages... the link was pushed off the page by the New Posts Counter and reappeared when that was disabled.

I'll play around with the settings to see if we can make it a bit more useful.

5. doubt

doubt Tazmanian

+2,014
    Please do so.
    You won't receive many complaints if you remove Trending Topics in favour of the new posts counter.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.