Top 5 SEO tips

Discussion in 'Forum SEO' started by habibpkck, Mar 5, 2011.

1. habibpkck

habibpkck Neophyte

+1
    My Top 5 SEO Tips

I am by no way an authority on SEO, but I have been dabbling in websites for a few years now and am learing what works and what does not when it comes to SEO. The below are my top 5 tips on SEO, for which I feel have helped my websites the most.

1. Content Content and more Content:
    Fresh unique content is king. I built some webpages and then never updated them or changed them and focused on building links. Once I realized my site traffic was droppinbg off I begun to update the content once again and the site traffic returned. Linkbuilding is important, but so is fresh content, especially for a new website or in a highly compeitive market.

2. Link Building
    You write all you want and keep it fresh, but you need links to get traffic there. Link exchanges are the best. Its my recommendion to build a "feeder" site or two from a different IP address and exchange links from those sites. Pay special attention to building links within your industry. A link from a car dealership when you are selling SEO doesnt help as mush as a link from an SEO website.

3. Meta Tag Optimizartion
    Make sure your Meta Tags are optimized. There are all kinds of free seo tools out there do this. In fact you can find them on the forum right here. Keep your tags short and simple and pick a few keywords to optimize. This is an easy and quick way to increase search results for your site.

4. Forum Posting
    If your here your doing the right thing. Forum posting is a great way to build backlinks, and you just might learn something as well. I post at 5 or 6 different forums a few times a week. Most forums relate to my industry.

5. Blogs
    Google loves Blogs. I recommend you build a blog on your website. This is an easy way to add fresh content to your website and is also a way to build good internal links. I also Blog from outside my website (you can use wordpress or blogger) which lets me gain good backlinks from my own postings.

I hope these help!

2. SupNY

SupNY Aspirant

+0
    I very recently learnt the great value of having a blog page within your website, fresh content on a blog is like what bananas are to Banana Man :)

3. cpvr

cpvr Tazmanian Master

+164
    Great tips - I can't stress this one enough - Content is everything on the web - and the more you supply, and the more you build links, the better off you are in the long run.

Also unique content tends to get a community rolling - articles, interviews, and tips that other forums don't have - you have to be unique, and try things on your community that others don't.

"Top seo tips" should really be "How can I have SEO success?", Will links help me out? Can Twitter and Facebook help me leverage my SEO?

See this: http://www.webseoanalytics.com/blog/twitter-facebook-links-affect-seo-on-google-and-bing/

4. TheChiro

TheChiro Devotee

+781
    Not sure if meta tags are of much importance anymore. From my personal findings, I've noticed title tags and h1/h2 tags are very important. I'll see the title and h tags show up in search research before meta's will.

5. cpvr

cpvr Tazmanian Master

+164
    The only thing important about meta tags = the meta description and the meta "keywords" tag is useless.

6. TheChiro

TheChiro Devotee

+781
    I honestly don't know what importance the description even is. Start looking at most results in google, go to those sites and see where google pulled the description from that you saw in the results. I know at least with mine, it's never my meta description.

7. cpvr

cpvr Tazmanian Master

+164
    Well, the meta description has always been important - search engines also use it to base the results if they can't base it around the content - it tells the search engines what the page is all about, before it reads the content.

See this http://www.searchenginejournal.com/...systems-–-seo-and-social-media-factors/28579/

Its not a a ranking factor, but its still very helpful. I know I get a lot of organic results coming in based around the meta description, and content on site.

Wouldnt you prefer to see a good description on the results page than something that doesn't really relate to the keyword - thanks to the ranking factor of content?

I know a good description usually generates more clicks when people search for keywords and your site comes up.

8. TheChiro

TheChiro Devotee

+781
    I just rarely have seen, especially for my site, the meta description show up in the SERPs unless I used the exact keyword looking for a site, i.e. "XenForo". But it's something worth re-looking into now lol Thanks!

9. SupNY

SupNY Aspirant

+0
    Pretty good tips son, at least they have an explanation under them rather than the little bullet lists I usually read :)

10. cpvr

cpvr Tazmanian Master

+164
    You're very welcome. Let me know the results of these changes.

11. bluesky

bluesky Adherent

+6
    Yes contents are getting more and more importance these days and no wonder most regularly updated websites, powered by quality links are truly enjoying top ranks and stats in their niches. Of course quality and uniqueness of contents added too would be extremely important because simply using copied materials won't do any good.

One point that is of paramount importance is keeping up the good work and continuing the standard procedures for a long time before ranks are established. For example, if you are going to add contents to your website, try doing that constantly and not just updating a page today and forgetting about future updates because trends and web records are saying a lot these days.

12. cpvr

cpvr Tazmanian Master

+164
    Exactly..
    Without quality content - and link bait articles, your SEO won't be good.

13. Peetr

Peetr Aspirant

+0
    Content is wonderful blah blah blah – but unless you’re getting eyeballs in front of it all the posts in the world won’t matter a fig. That means backlinks. Moreover that means relevant backlinks. Render your posts as to the stamen of a flower to a bee and watch the traffic cometh.

14. ecomcompany

ecomcompany Aspirant

+0
    Nice tips, content is the king of websites its can increase your website traffics and then link building is best way to increasing quality back links in short period. thanks for your tips and its really helpful to seo peoples.

15. sherimiller

sherimiller Neophyte

+0
    To increase the level of traffic only option then is better than I prefer as social networking site that helps generate the high level of traffic. You can make the various communities in the appropriate category and promote their products and services. Another thing is that the use of the network can only increase the traffic does not get back links.

16. web99

web99 Neophyte

+0
    When you start to build a website, fresh content and on-page are importance. But link building is importance to get Google Top.

17. free1proxy

free1proxy Aspirant

+0
    From my personal findings, I've noticed title tags and h1/h2 tags are very important

18. Smokey

Smokey Enthusiast

+12
    Great tips :)

19. nuper17

nuper17 Aspirant

+0
    are you sure that meta tags are still important? One of Google's (i forgot the link) executives have already specified that Google's algorithm are not giving much more importance to meta tags. Meta tags must not be your main priority when optimizing a site.:unhunh:

20. 9KS2K

9KS2K Aspirant

+0
    I'm working on implementing some of these tips and the blog has definitely helped my traffic increase.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.