XenForo vBulletin Threadloom Search

10x as many results as XenForo search. 10x faster than vBulletin search.

1. Threadloom

Threadloom Sponsor

+47
  2. PoetJC

PoetJC ❤ Jacq Owns The Beanstalk ❤

+4,634
    I tried Threadloom and really like its functionality. I disabled it on my development board though and got an email asking why... I've been meaning to reply - but the reason is because the development board is not quite 100% ... I'm really considering enabling when the board goes live though. It has nice functionality and presents better, more 'cohesive' (is that the word I'm looking for?) results than the out-of-box Xenforo search. Comprehensive results?... Anyway ... Can't quite think of the word I want to use for it LOL - but it is quite nice. Perhaps a bit expensive for really large forums - but I think will serve my needs quite nicely.

Thanks,

J.

3. Threadloom

Threadloom Sponsor

+47
    Thanks PoetJC, glad that you liked it! Shoot us a message at support@threadloom.com if you have any questions when you're getting ready to go live!

4. Threadloom

Threadloom Sponsor

+47
    We just set up a demo with BabyBargains.com, so you can try out Threadloom side-by-side with vBulletin standard search. Feel free to give it a go!

http://go.threadloom.com/bb-bunkbed

5. Threadloom

Threadloom Sponsor

+47
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative! Informative! x 1
    • List
  6. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Tazmanian

+1,812
  7. Threadloom

Threadloom Sponsor

+47
  8. PoetJC

PoetJC ❤ Jacq Owns The Beanstalk ❤

+4,634
    I disagree. It's much more advanced than default Xenforo search functionality.

Looks quite nice. I received an email from you guys earlier and thank you very much for the kind words and kind offer.
    I'm looking forward to making use of Threadloom functionality when my own forum redesign is complete and will definitely suggest it to a few of my clients.
    Cheers from Tennessee ;)

J.

9. Threadloom

Threadloom Sponsor

+47
    Threadloom updated Threadloom Site Search with a new update entry:

2.0.8 – released 2017-06-13 ... 2.0.7 – released 2017-06-08

Read the rest of this update entry...

10. The Sandman

The Sandman Administrator

+5,097
    TAZ is running the latest version! :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. jair101

jair101 Aspirant

+6
    Do you have any plans to support IPS in the foreseeable future? Search is very weak on IPS and many people are desperately looking for solutions.

12. Threadloom

Threadloom Sponsor

+47
    Threadloom updated Threadloom Site Search with a new update entry:

All versions: Image search

Read the rest of this update entry...

• Pure Genius! Pure Genius! x 1
    • List
  13. CyberJoe

CyberJoe Aspirant

+13
    Brilliant. Threadloom is an awesome product, it has completely changed search on my site.

And this new image search is brilliant as well.

14. Threadloom

Threadloom Sponsor

+47
    Hi jair101jair101, we've gotten a few requests to port to IPS. We plan to eventually release IPS and phpBB plug-ins, but haven't yet set a timeline for either. If you like, PM me and I can make sure we email you when we start development of the IPS plug-in so you can try it out first!

15. jair101

jair101 Aspirant

+6
    Thank you very much for the reply and the offer. No need for special arrangements, I am sure when that happens, you will announce it here :)

16. Threadloom

Threadloom Sponsor

+47
    :thumb:

17. Threadloom

Threadloom Sponsor

+47
    PoetJCPoetJC: Thank you! We're excited for you to try us out in the future – let us know if we can help with anything in the meantime.

18. LordnMaster

LordnMaster Aspirant

+42
    I would be interested in this if you supported Invision Power Board and WoltLab Burning Board.

19. Threadloom

Threadloom Sponsor

+47
    • List
  20. Floyd R Turbo

Floyd R Turbo Adherent

+168
    I may have found a bug. When you search for a censored word, the search results will populate with seemingly random topics rather than "not found".

One time, when I searched a censored word (here) I got a long list of completely unrelated topics, and then the search bar was filled in with "title:" and nothing else. So I typed in the censored word in that bar "title:[censored]" and the result was...unfiltered topics with that censored word, and the word was not ****'d out.

Now, that being said, I just tried searching the f-word from the quick search in the upper right corner, and that returned no results. However if I search "title:****" (self-censored, just use your imagination...it's not firetruck) you will actually get a list containing threads with that word - uncensored - in the results list. EDIT: you will actually get other words that are not censored properly either. i.e. the content filter is not applied to search results

I have a feeling that the search is based on the physical content, which is stored in the database side in an uncensored form, instead of "scraped" content, which is what is presented when the text of the content is presented for viewing. Unlike bots/search engines, Threadloom sees the full context of the database in it's raw format.

Not sure how one would fix this unless you somehow pushed the results through the individual site's censor filter before displaying. But that's not my problem ;)