Thread Pruning Not Working

Discussion in 'vBulletin' started by BGObsession, Nov 13, 2017.

1. BGObsession

BGObsession Participant

+39
    I have some 'News' forums I created with a number of RSS feeds auto-populating them with the automatic 'create a thread' function.

The created threads are not something I want or need to keep in our thread history. A couple times a year, I typically go into the 'Threads & Posts' section of the Admin CP and use the 'Prune Threads' function to delete all but 30 or so of these RSS-generated threads. After pruning the threads, I use the 'Rebuild Thread Information' tool in the 'General Update Tools' section. I've never had any problems prior to now.

However, since upgrading to version 4.2.5. It appears when pruning threads that everything is working fine. However, after running the 'Rebuild Thread Information' tool, not only does my forum page still show countless threads in those forums, the threads are still listed within the forum thread list, but the threads still exist and are accessible. In other words, threads appear to be pruned and counters reset in the Admin CP, but in the forums themselves, threads are not being pruned and counters are unchanged.

I have tried re-running prune and update tools as well as clearing caches. Nothing works.

Maybe I just need to let it go and not worry about these RSS news threads accumulating. But it always bugs me when something isn't working the way I believe it is supposed to and I can't figure out why? :)

I run a 4.2.5 board with php 7.0 and also have a Sucuri firewall.

2. Paul M

Paul M Dr Pepper Addict

+1,562
    Its not anything I have heard of before, and I just tried this on my test site and it worked fine.

Do you have any plugins installed that mught be affecteding thread deletion, or any php errors in your logs ?

3. BirdOPrey5

BirdOPrey5 #Awesome

+1,600
    Try disabling the Sucuri firewall, it causes lots of random problems in my experience.

4. BGObsession

BGObsession Participant

+39
    I have a lot of plug-ins in use - I can start disabling and see if that has any impact, thanks. As far as Sucuri goes, that seems like a possible culprit. I've had a great experience with the product so far, but that would be the logical explanation given thread pruning worked seamlessly prior to implementing the firewall. Thanks guys.

5. zappaDPJ

zappaDPJ Administrator

+4,046
    That has been my experience on multiple forums.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted