This is goodbye xenforo *sniffsniff*

Discussion in 'XenForo' started by fixer, Mar 30, 2018.

1. vikvaliant

vikvaliant Aspirant

+17
    This reminds me of Apple vs Android battles. They should all be successful and provide consumers with choices and options; depending on what you want to accomplish. We just need to relay proper feedback and feature requests back to the developers of whatever message board you're using. Having viable options is a good thing for the community. I've used phpBB, VB, IPB, and Xenforo. They've all been adequate for the projects or periods I've used them.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. feldon30

feldon30 Adherent

+420
    Yes the Facebook app is terribad. I use the mobile website instead.

3. Thanatos

Thanatos Aspirant

+10
    Well, I know I am totally new here...but I'll be leaving my xF behind as well. I've got to find a new forum, hope I can port my posts over, because it will suck to lose them...but, was my fault for upgrading to 2.0 without checking mod compatibility first.

Nothing against xF, but it's just become too expensive for me to run on a tiny little website. Apparently even though I only used a few mods, every one of them decided to charge outrageous prices for them and I just can't justify the expense. It's the same reason I stopped using vB too...everything to do with it become over-commercialized and too expensive to run for a small little site that wanted something better than crappy free forum software (well at least back when I started the journey).

But no bad vibes to xF or even vB...they just went different directions that the one I need to go. I'm disappointed, but Que Sera Sera.

• Informative! Informative! x 2
    • List
  4. PinoyFused

PinoyFused Aspirant

+2
    Agree! I'm also using android browser to access facebook.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.