This is goodbye xenforo *sniffsniff*

fixer

I'm In My Prime
the first step to make xf better is if they deleted that pos gallery

hahaha joking... joking

it served me well even tho i wish i would of turned off water mark before converting to ips as now all my images have 2 water marks durrrr!

i just need to survive the seo hit of my links directory and groups and “bb code” embeds of pdf etc pages get deleted from google :( no way around it not enought time to save them, ips doesnt support bb code

but anyway , it’s appreciated good luck

Maddox

Habitué
I think you have to wear the shoe that fits. I have several pairs of shoes and wear the ones that best fit my mood, weather and what else I am wearing. Likewise I have both IPS and XF softwares - both are extremely good; one, at the moment, is better outfitted in terms of features, but both offer something that the other doesn't. I have two projects on the go at the moment, both in development work in progress sites. On one site I am using IPS because I need the Pages CMS app, on the other I am using XF because I want it to be clutter free and easy to use.

I'm sure that both have much to offer in future days and both can only get better as the best parts are honed to a precision finish and new features will emerge depending on what is in demand. Both have amazing 3rd party developers (as well as not so amazing). So I guess you have to decide which shoe fits best.

BTW I only buy shoes from Hotter because they are quality - likewise I only buy software from quality suppliers.

;)

sanction9

Adherent
Your numbers of IPS community's failing at higher rates than xf is irrelevant when there are substantial more IPS boards , and your reporting service is not accurate.
Not sure how logical it is to say that it's irrelevant. You seem to basically be saying that there's currently so many more IPS forums than XF forums that even if IPS fails 3 times as fast there will still be a lot more IPS boards left standing. That only makes possible sense in the short term, but not necessarily when you project the figures out years up the road. Anyway, I'm not seeing any evidence that there are a lot more IPS boards right now; and even if there are I think that might be down partly to the fact that they've been around at least a decade longer - unless, of course, you're arguing that even just the "post IPB" version boards are also much more numerous, which would be an even more questionable assertion.

And if Belazor's reporting service is inaccurate, where is your more accurate one? You seem to be throwing out a lot of assertions based on your feelings, rather than any objective facts. I'm totally cool with you switching to IPB - hell, I might even do it myself if XF put off 2.1 for too long or it just falls short for me when it does arrive - but all the doom and gloom predictions for XF are a little premature and based on little to no facts.

fixer

I'm In My Prime
Not sure how logical it is to say that it's irrelevant. You seem to basically be saying that there's currently so many more IPS forums than XF forums that even if IPS fails 3 times as fast there will still be a lot more IPS boards left standing. That only makes possible sense in the short term, but not necessarily when you project the figures out years up the road. Anyway, I'm not seeing any evidence that there are a lot more IPS boards right now; and even if there are I think that might be down partly to the fact that they've been around at least a decade longer - unless, of course, you're arguing that even just the "post IPB" version boards are also much more numerous, which would be an even more questionable assertion.

And if Belazor's reporting service is inaccurate, where is your more accurate one? You seem to be throwing out a lot of assertions based on your feelings, rather than any objective facts. I'm totally cool with you switching to IPB - hell, I might even do it myself if XF put off 2.1 for too long or it just falls short for me when it does arrive - but all the doom and gloom predictions for XF are a little premature and based on little to no facts.

I have no clue how many forums there are and no where did i claim to know either additionally the number don't mean anything to me either.

A statement like there has been 800 IPS forums closed but only 40 xf forums closed in the same time period..... is indeed irrelevant because there may be 500,000,000 IPS forums and 42 xf forums. But when the numbers are made up anyone can say anything right?

Fillip H.

Developer
I have no clue how many forums there are and no where did i claim to know either additionally the number don't mean anything to me either.

A statement like there has been 800 IPS forums closed but only 40 xf forums closed in the same time period..... is indeed irrelevant because there may be 500,000,000 IPS forums and 42 xf forums. But when the numbers are made up anyone can say anything right?
Are you going to continue to troll or are you going to provide a more accurate reporting site?

I think Digitalpoint might have something to say about you calling his spiders' numbers "made up". I'm going to make a small assumption and say that his web spider isn't just randomly generating statistics, it's probably at least somewhat based in reality.

we_are_borg

Tazmanian
Oh, you're moving away from XF? I had no idea... ;)

Good luck for the future. I look forward to us proving you wrong on most of the hyperbole you've spouted across the many "I'm leaving XF" threads you've created (in various guises), but until then, farewell, and we hope to welcome you back in the future :tup:

Well fixer isn’t the only one leaving the XF scene but he is one that is reporting why and how as a company that information is worth something. But instead of that it well.

doubt

Tazmanian
I look forward to us proving you wrong on most of the hyperbole you've spouted across
It's very much up to you to prove him wrong with successful 2.x releases.
So far there is only hot air instead of them.

fixer

I'm In My Prime
Are you going to continue to troll or are you going to provide a more accurate reporting site?

I think Digitalpoint might have something to say about you calling his spiders' numbers "made up". I'm going to make a small assumption and say that his web spider isn't just randomly generating statistics, it's probably at least somewhat based in reality.

Troll my own thread? If anyone here is being a Troll it's you with your fake news.

I stated why i left , if it hurt your feelings and you're trying to justify some way in which i'm wrong then the problem here isn't with me.

I never said I know how many sites there were and who's dying that's what you said. You're making random statements then acting like i'm saying them and calling me a troll because of it.

The writing is on the wall, you're standing too close to read it.

5 years from now you will look back to this post and see i was trying to help and not hinder, I'm just real enough to give it to you all strait.

VB is to IPS as myspace is to facebook, vb is not even in the discussion anymore all the innovators went to xf

Fillip H.

Developer
Troll my own thread? If anyone here is being a Troll it's you with your fake news.
Oh, my apologies, I didn't realise you were the sort of person who says "fake news" when faced with facts you can't dispute.

I envy you, being able to generate a reality distortion field powerful enough to be satisfied with dismissing uncomfortable facts as "fake news". I really do.

fixer

I'm In My Prime
Oh, my apologies, I didn't realise you were the sort of person who says "fake news" when faced with facts you can't dispute.

I envy you, being able to generate a reality distortion field powerful enough to be satisfied with dismissing uncomfortable facts as "fake news". I really do.
#FakeNews

sanction9

Adherent
You might not have claimed to know any specific numbers, but you have definitely claimed that a lot more people are using IPS - you did exactly that in the post I was responding to when you said, "there are substantial more IPS boards..." Whatever. Use what you like, dude. But you don't need to convince people that XF is doomed to a quick and painful death in order to say good things about IPS. Just tell us why you think IPS is better for you. ;)

Steve

Fanatic
Hopefully it would not take another three years.
I think it's about time this stops. You obviously have zero knowledge on the subject of development and are really only trying to be an ass which you've succeeded in doing that. It is also obvious you're not happy with how the developers handle the development of XenForo so maybe it's best you just move on and stop your tirade against Chris.

It took something like a year to create XenForo 1.0 then a few more years to add the features it has and the official addons (XFMG, XFRM, XFES), not to mention the ****ty lawsuit they had to deal with for more than 2 years. It's already been said by the dev's themselves that mentioning work had begun on XF 2 was a bit premature and they've apologised for it taking as long as it did but it isn't like they took everyone's money and not deliver something. We had a crazy good, stable version to work with while waiting.

I don't know I get the feeling I'm wasting my time typing this though so I'm going to stop or I'll be labeled an even bigger fanboy. :rolleyes:

doubt

Tazmanian
Personal attack from an admin of the forum?
To call anyone an ass?
(I ignore Tracy's attack)

jair101

Participant

For what is worth, the builtwith stat is bogus at best. For starters, I have tried few IPS sites (including my own, pure IPS) and it didn't detect them. Also their stats shows only 4k active websites using IPS at the moment - even if you don't count the inactive licenses, the nulled installs, etc, those 4k installs can hardly support the salaries, the cloud infrastructure and all expenses of IPS.

If you look at the per country statistics, outside of USA they have websites only in double digits, which is laughable. New Zealand: 0 installs according to built with. Simply google " "powered by invision community" site:co.nz" and see how much truth there is in builtwith stats.

I am not trying to get within your petty argument, I use the software that best fits me, but the logic of "here is a completely lame statistic and until you show me a better one, I will treat it as reliable" is flawed.

P.S. I just took a look at their "sample websites using Invision" exceprt and I see all of them are still on 3.x. So most probably bulltwith shows only the 3.x stats and are not able to detect 4.x yet. This makes the 3% market share much more realistic.

Last edited: