The Spaminator has arrivied :~)

Discussion in 'Site Security & Legal Issues' started by engineer1964, Mar 10, 2012.

1. engineer1964

engineer1964 hoc foro magna est

+51
    Well it was bound to happen, with requests from several of our Forum members for help combating spam we have recuited a Member of staff called The Spaminator :banana:

His primary role is to advise members on how to prevent spam as well as cleaning forums that have been spammed by spambots :jiggy:

With spam become more advance and sometimes registering over 100 account a day on forums, its no laughing matter for the site owner, so what we attempt to show to our members is prevention is better than cure, if we can protect our forums from the start then together we can combat spam.

We are also looking at helping board owners that have been spammed so that we can clean your forums for free, so that we can use in our Case History Please pm me if you want and i'll contact you on behalf of the spaminator :coffee:

2. Delirious

Delirious Enthusiast

+13
    :( Ehh...gotta have an account just to check it out...I know it is important to gain new members...but if you are going to post a link to your forum about something such as a person to combat spam...at least have it viewable to guest..just a suggestion!

3. engineer1964

+51
    Yes, I'm afriad so its a Free service for Forum members, who are having trouble with spam, they need to be members so that we can interact with them on the site. Opening an account is the easy part the hard part is having the content and service to retain that member as an active member. after all you can easily delete your account which is what i don't want to see happing on my forums.

With loads of members here having issues with spam its an additional service from the topsite team.

I do apologise for not mentioning it more clearly.

4. Delirious

Delirious Enthusiast

+13
    It is fine. I understand why you would want it like that.

• Like Like x 1
  5. engineer1964

+51
    Thanks I'm glad you can see where i'm coming from :hiding:

6. Cre8tin

Cre8tin Aspirant

+0
    There is nothing in referenced post about free as well as about service.

Combating the spam seems to be lately the most popular spammers' technique.

Requiring to register for something vaguely formulated is weird.
    How is it different from spamming approaches?

In order yo fight spam, one should first define it.
    What is your definition?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted