The metal thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by rockerfox, Aug 4, 2018.

1. rockerfox

rockerfox Enthusiast

+25

Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
  2. haqzore

haqzore Habitué

+975
    ****in' banger man.
    For those about to pit!

For non-metalhead, give 1:15 - 1:34 a chance and bang your ****in head!

Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
  3. Maddox

Maddox Moderator

+922
  4. Maddox

Maddox Moderator

+922
  5. haqzore

haqzore Habitué

+975
    I can't pick a portion for non-metalheads.
    This entire song ****in rips.

6. Maddox

Maddox Moderator

+922

And one that epitomises this thread!

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
    • List
  7. MarkFL

MarkFL La Villa Strangiato

+1,647
    The very first concert I saw back in the 70s had Priest opening for KISS. What a show, and tickets cost $12! I wasn't familiar with Priest until then, and as we were leaving the show, my buddy and I agreed that while KISS had a great stage show, Priest blew them away musically. I've been a fan ever since. :D

• Like Like x 2
    • List
  8. haqzore

haqzore Habitué

+975
    Awesome.

I'm in my mid 30s and have seen Priest once. Halford was awesome

9. rockerfox

rockerfox Enthusiast

+25
    Song that i think makes fun of the PMRC that was back in the 80's

10. Maddox

Maddox Moderator

+922
    My first encounter with Priest was at my local City Hall back in the 70's - they were supported by the now mega famous band Iron Maiden who were just breaking onto the scene. The singer for Maiden back then was Paul Di'Anno, later to be replaced by Bruce Dickinson - I actually saw Dickinson at the same venue when he was fronting a band called Samson. Man, those were the days when that City Hall played host to just about every rock band and artist out there; Scorpions, Thin Lizzy, Judas Priest, Deep Purple, Rainbow, Gary Moore, UFO, Black Sabbath ... the list goes on. Good days, good bands and great rock music.

;)

• List
  11. Maddox

Maddox Moderator

+922
    Just a few that bring back memories of good rock days:

This next is when there were no fancy stage sets, light shows and gimmicks - this is as raw as it gets:

I can remember nearly needing a neck brace after headbanging to this classic rock song:

;)

12. Maddox

Maddox Moderator

+922
    And before Brian Johnson became lead singer of AC/DC he was in a local band called Geordie. I saw them play at my local flea pit lol.

I'll come back with some more as I remember them lol

13. Maddox

Maddox Moderator

+922
    Just looking back at that last song I remember there was a 60's revival night taking place at our local leisure centre; bands such as The Troggs and The Swinging Blue Jeans were playing and a mate and myself looked around to see who was there, and in the audience was Brian Johnson. We went up and said 'hi' as you do and Johnna asked us to sit down and he introduced us to his mate John Parr. We got on cracking about AC/DC and Geordie and Johnna said, "I need to get outa here, is there an Indian Restaurant nearby?" Well our local Indian wasn't too far from the leisure centre and we started giving directions; 'sod that' said Johnna just take us there - so we did and had an amazing night chatting about music and enjoying and Indian meal - along with several bevvies to boot lol.

An incredible night to remember some 30 years ago - still makes me smile when I remember it; my claim to fame, having an Indian Meal with Brian Johnson.

;)

14. mysiteguy

mysiteguy Devotee

+1,896
    Some of the songs I have on my phone, tablet and in my truck

15. Maddox

Maddox Moderator

+922
    mysiteguymysiteguy Ted Nugent reappeared in a band called Damn Yankees and released a couple of albums - damn good too lol!

Here's an offering:

16. Maddox

Maddox Moderator

+922
    Canadian band Cony Hatch - saw them live supporting Ozzy Osbourne and they kicked ass :)

17. Maddox

Maddox Moderator

+922
    Another great Canadian Band - Honeymoon Suite:

18. Maddox

Maddox Moderator

+922
    Come on bring it on - I love metal/rock ... there's a myriad of bands out there we need to hear about.

Rock it, rock it and rock it some more.... awww.classicrockforums.com_styles_default_xenforo_smilies_headbangerat5.gif

:tup:

19. MarkFL

MarkFL La Villa Strangiato

+1,647
    A group I (and many others) consider to be one of the progenitors of metal

• List
  20. zappaDPJ

zappaDPJ Administrator

+4,824
    I'd say the real precursor to metal was released as long ago as 1958. This single piece of music created so long ago had a profound effect on so much of what was to come...

Nearly a decade later Dave Davies decided to slice his amplifier's speaker cone with a razor blade and recorded the first major hit built around power chords which ensured its place in history as the blue print for heavy metal music.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.