That "special offer" ad is messing up the menus

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Libertate, Dec 5, 2007.

1. Libertate

Libertate Devotee

+16
    I am using FireFox 2.0.0.11.

The upper right-hand pull down advertisement is messing up the menus by disabling them (cannot click on links).

I have to move cursor to upper right hand, so that advertisement shows, then move away. Suddenly the menu items (New Posts & Quick Links) work.

Grrrr...

2. The Sandman

The Sandman Administrator

+5,523
    What's your screen resolution?

3. djbaxter

djbaxter Tazmanian Veteran

+463
    And what browser? Neither of those things is happening for me.

4. SageStone

SageStone just david(:

+28
    What it is, is when you mouse over the ad to get to the scrollbar - the ad only changes color, and does not open. The links are then disabled where the ad would have opened to, until you either reload the page or go over the ad to open/close it as normal. I use FireFox as well.

David

5. The Sandman

+5,523
    I'm not seeing this either.

6. Calash

Calash Habitué

+14
    I think this is the problem I posted about before. When running on Ubuntu the transparency is not there, so it looks horrible and blocks the last tab.

I attached screenshots to see if it is the same problem or something different.

Attached Files:

7. lordtopcat

lordtopcat Adherent

+4
    No that is not the problem.

When you accidentally move your curser over the ad and back off again, it turns like this

[​IMG]

Then you can not click on anything on the page until you scroll back over the ad again. This is annoying.

8. midland

midland ~pure innocence~

+4
    its happening to me as well when I reply to posts. Using style 3.6x FF 2.0.0.5
    When I reply to a post, all the links do not work. Like if I reply hit enter etc.. then click new posts or such, its as if there is no link. If i scroll across the peel away and back to the links they are fine.

9. djbaxter

djbaxter Tazmanian Veteran

+463
    I don't get that. When I mouse away from the ad, it curls back up out of the way.

It may be your browser, or it may be that you need to force a reload of the TAZ scripts.

Yes. That's what I get.

10. Train

Train Bookworm Moderator

+32
    Shows fine in IE7...

11. The Sandman

+5,523
    Any better now?

12. The Sandman

+5,523
    And are you running the latest version of Java?

13. NovaArgon

NovaArgon Participant

+0
    I had to play with it for a second to get it to happen but it shouldn't be a problem.

All I had to do was move my mouse over the add again to let it open and once it closes the problem is gone.

It seems like you are hitting it just enough to make it think it has been opened but not enough for it to realize you have moved your mouse.

Just move it back over the corner of the page again and the problem is fixed... At least for me anyways.

Firefox/2.0.0.11

14. Eilt_Druin

Eilt_Druin Participant

+2
    I've been getting the same behavior. It only happens if the mouse is passed over the ad quickly without hovering on the ad at all. Also Firefox/2.0.0.11 here.

15. Outumuro

Outumuro TAZXbar Publisher

+2
    Those with FF and the cookie trail menu locks after having accidently moused over the special offer... mouse over it and off a second time so it fully rolls back up, and the cookie trail should work again.

Hope that helps.

16. lordtopcat

lordtopcat Adherent

+4
    Yeah I do do that but it is annoying that we have to do that every time...

I am also using latest FF with latest Java installed.

17. Webministrator

Webministrator Habitué

+9
    All you have to do is rollover the ad then the menu becomes active again.

18. jGas

jGas Fan

+8
    yes!! that's the same for me with firefox!

19. Calash

Calash Habitué

+14
    I see it as well on Windows with Firefox. Seems to be a bug in the flash, you move the mouse away before the animation starts the flash acts like it is open even when it is not, preventing the clicking of the links.

IE does not have the same problem, you can get it to look the same but the links still work.

Ubuntu shows a similar action, however the big pink square blocks the links so you can not even see them

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.