TAZ - the new look

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Cadet, Nov 27, 2008.

1. djbaxter

djbaxter Tazmanian Veteran

+463
    Nope. Earlier in this thread, The Sandman pointed out that there is now a new yellow version. That is what he's talking about.

2. Alex.

Alex. The Ancient Dragon

+1,197
    I just noticed that. So that's what he meant by "Don't count it out just yet. ;)". Thanks.

3. The_Godfather

The_Godfather Aspirant

+0
    keep up the good work guys!:tup:

4. Outumuro

Outumuro TAZXbar Publisher

+2
    The yellow looks great too. :)

5. Cr4ig

Cr4ig Aspirant

+0
    I like the new look but the exception is the blue bar above posts.

Other than that good work. :)

6. cpvr

cpvr Tazmanian Master

+164
    I like it. Was it custom made or?

7. Noles

Noles paypal+

+78
    "An exclusive design by: ForumSkin.com" - Basically, yeah. :tup:

8. PerfectSQL

PerfectSQL Server Admin

+1
    I like the new look, although it's always hard to adjust when you are used to seeing a site look one way for a long time.

9. Alex.

Alex. The Ancient Dragon

+1,197
    I've actually recommended the owner of ForumSkin.com to a few people recently. He does some really stunning work. :)

10. cpvr

cpvr Tazmanian Master

+164
    Excellent. Do you know how much his designs go for? [If this isn't the right place to ask, I'm sorry]

11. Kevin

Kevin Oooh, something shiny!

+1,240
    Since each job is custom it varies based upon what the customer is looking for. The best thing would be to contact Nicholas with a good description of the type of design you're going for so that he can work with you on the project.

I can say, though, that I've had the pleasure of working with Nicholas in the past as well and he is also my #1 recommendation for when people are seeking custom styles to give their site a signature look.

12. PoetJC

PoetJC ⚧ Jacquii: Black Kween of TSSN ⚧

+5,327
    EXCLUSIVE is definitely the correct term
    The style is 1 or a kind = sleek and represents TAZ wonderfully.

Jacquii.

13. Jacob_

Jacob_ Dream in Code

+15
    absolutely beautiful.
    I didn't actually expect it, lol, so i joined and was shocked.
    But I really like the skin, was it a bitch to carry all your modifications? Oh, and all the buttons and everything look really good.

14. Aitch

Aitch The Mix (formerly YouthNet)

+2
    Really cool - now all you need is some shiney new, cooler smilies to suit the new look. The old ones are just a bit naff surely? :jiggy::tisk::wave::bs::idea::hopeless::lildevil:

Argggghhhhhhhhhhh!

:(

15. Cadet

Cadet Hitler loved his banjo

+5
    Thank you. This is kinda what I mean.

16. PoetJC

+5,327
    Meh... Perhaps people need to re-realize their joy of naivete.

It's a bit astounding to me to read the "negative" commentary about the new TAZ style. Of course we all have our opinions (including me - but mine is 100% correct :p) --- It's not easy for everyone to simply agree with my assessment that the new style has personified awesomeness LOL --- Anyway... The praise far outweighs the negativity so... EXCELLENT JOB TAZ Admins!

Jacquii.

17. The Sandman

The Sandman Administrator

+5,518
    There's always an element of resistance to change with something like this, so you can't be surprised at a bit of negative commentary. The response, both here in this thread and behind the scenes, has been overwhelmingly positive. I'm sure that over time, as everyone gets accustomed to the new style, everyone will be happy. :)

In the meantime, I've been working with Nicholas and Glenda from ForumSkin.com as well as Logician (TAZ's Technical Admin) to further tweak our new look - for example:
    • The postbit has been reworked to relocate the brightly colored band to the top of each post instead of having it in the middle.
    • The Useful Links and General Navigation Links in the footer have undergone a color change.
    • The background gradient behind the Sponsor Banners has been smoothed out.
    • The Home Page, Articles & Resources Page, and Featured Forums Page have all been updated to match the feel of the new style.
    This is just a sampling of the many subtle changes that have been made. :)

18. Outumuro

Outumuro TAZXbar Publisher

+2
    The new tweaks look good. I like the "brightly colored band to the top of each post instead of having it in the middle" most.

19. cuddling_with_bears

cuddling_with_bears Aspirant

+0
    Though the colors seem cold the feel I get is really warm due to the fact that the members here are very helpful and the community itself is unique. Good design and layout, great work!

20. PoetJC

+5,327
    Nice tweaks :tup:

Jacquii.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.