Feedback TAZ home page - shockwave flash

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by bernard, Oct 1, 2018.

1. bernard

bernard Enthusiast

+22
    I've got the TAZ home page (domain root) bookmarked. Every time I visit TAZ from the bookmark, it takes forever to load. I see a dark block at the top right of the page and after a while, I get the Unresponsive plugin warning:
    It's real annoying. I don't have this issue with other XF based forums I visit, so I assume it's something TAZ added on. I don't know what value such addon is offering TAZ owners, but as a user, it's definitely a net negative in my book.

2. Paul M

Paul M Limeade Addict

+2,241
    I would guess its the advert.

They seem to load fine for me when I try, so maybe the flash plugin on your browser is having issues.

3. KimmiKat

KimmiKat Adherent

+124
    I usually have Flash blocked, since it should've been put out of it's misery long ago. Non flash ads come through OK though.

4. bernard

bernard Enthusiast

+22
    * bump *

The issue is not ads. It's something on the TAZ site. Ads don't display progress meters as they load.

That said, the issue has greatly diminished recently. I am guessing TAZ upgraded the site to XF 2.1 and something is working differently now. I still see the "dark block progress meter" thing, but it processes fast now and I don't get the busy message any more.

5. Steve

Steve Administrator

+3,191
    Some more details would possibly help debug this issue. Browser and OS?

We haven’t upgraded the site.

6. bernard

bernard Enthusiast

+22
    Firefox / Windows XP. I see the "dark block progress meter" when I post a reply too.

7. Steve

Steve Administrator

+3,191
  8. Taylor J

Taylor J Fan

+73
    The only thing I could suggest is for firefox is to disable all of the extensions you have enabled then re enable one by one to see which one could be causing it. If none are causing it then you may be out of luck and could be due to the old OS/Browser version you are using.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.