Question TAZ conversion to XF is complete | Do you see any issues?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by PoetJC, Jun 5, 2014.

1. PoetJC

PoetJC ⚧ Jacquii: Black Kween of TSSN ⚧

+5,327
    Blame it on XF Alerts aimageup.jacquiidesigns.com_di_UIP2.gif

2. JordanH

JordanH Imperial Majesty

+236
    Don't ya love it :tup:

3. The Sandman

The Sandman Administrator

+5,518
    It's not just the XenForo alert system - it's also the Live Update add-on which polls the server more often to get current alerts and inboxes quicker, and shows an alert indicator in the favicon.

4. s.molinari

s.molinari Leader of Skooppa

+1,952
    How much more load does that add-on put on the server? Could you see any noticeable increase, when it was added and turned on? It should be a standard feature IMHO, but only if the server doesn't get too much of a hit.

Scott

5. The Sandman

The Sandman Administrator

+5,518
    I haven't noticed any problem at all with it. Perhaps Null or MattW have comments?

Last edited: Nov 23, 2014
  6. PoetJC

+5,327
    I wonder the same thing actually. Can you imagine 200+ users online with 4-5 TAZ tabs open?
    Seems like it would drain the server load! I always wondered if the Live Update add-on would bring a share hosting account to its knees?!!
    Should be interesting Brad and/or Matt's answer.

J.

7. JordanH

JordanH Imperial Majesty

+236
    I installed it on my forums before. But at the time there was a few bugs with it. Never got the chance to install it again.
    From what I can recall, (both my small board and my big boad forums are on shared hsoting). It was doing fine. However, every site will be different in terms of traffic and sessions.

8. The Moon Glare

The Moon Glare There a rundown bar, cross the railroad track!

+153
    Yep I see one still waiting on that resource tab to be up and running that would be great! The Sandman

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2014
  9. Dan18

Dan18 Fan

+265
    I don't have any problem using it since the day 1 it was released. Even on shared hosting although I set Live Update Interval to 60 seconds.

10. Alex.

Alex. The Ancient Dragon

+1,197
    I'm under the impression that if it's session based, then it wouldn't have to poll the server more than once if there's more than one tab open.

11. southernlady

southernlady Coder/Designer

+190
    I had to contact The Sandman to get logged back in...apparently the password reset isn't working AS it should.

Also I realize that verification is needed but dang it, make them easier to READ. For anyone with compromised eyesight, it is almost impossible to read. And no way of increasing the size of the photo being used.

12. zoldos

zoldos Lord Malleus

+92
    I'm digging this change. I use XF for my forum and really like it! Good work TAZ!

13. JordanH

JordanH Imperial Majesty

+236
  14. TrixieTang

TrixieTang Politically Incorrect

+2,806
    Looks like the email was different. Anyways, merged now.

15. borbole

borbole Coder/Designer

+149
    I have to say, that I am liking TAZ a whole lot better now on xenforo than before when it was on vb. Well done to the Admins as they have done a very good job with the conversion. And it looks very sharp too.

16. BamaStangGuy

BamaStangGuy Fanatic

+272
    Agree. Its a much better user experience than vB 3.

17. JordanH

JordanH Imperial Majesty

+236
    Ahh ok thanks xD

18. PoetJC

+5,327
    Hey Liz! [​IMG]
    TAZ is using one of the anti-spam add-ons I told you about the other day: CustomImgCaptcha: Spam Combat
    The Sandman -- Those default images are horrible. They are hard to read. I'd recommend you use the images I shared at WE FIGHT SPAM! [Images for Image-based, Anti-spam Add-ons] ;)

19. southernlady

southernlady Coder/Designer

+190
    Hi, Jacquii,

I'll look at it...if the ones you provided are better, great. All I know is it was very hard for me...I am of the age where cataracts happen and they've attacked me, LOL.

20. Dillon_Lawrence

Dillon_Lawrence Enthusiast

+62
    Me too. Numerous tabs still means one session.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.