TAZ Addons

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by RiverM, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Floyd R Turbo

Floyd R Turbo Adherent

+172
    No. I'm talking about the red alert counter at top right of page.

Every other XF forum I go to, if I get a email or push and I go to the thread via the link in email or swipe the alert, the counter does not increment downward when I actually view a thread for which an alert has been generated. Here, it does!!

I NEED to know how this is done because it is one of my biggest pet peeves about XF

2. The Sandman

The Sandman Administrator

+5,510
    TBH, I'm not sure what we're doing special here - maybe Chris D will know.

3. PoetJC

PoetJC ⚧ Jacquii: Black Kween of TSSN ⚧

+5,327
    Hmmm. I'm not exactly sure if I understand what you're talking about. When I click a TAZ email link, which I'd gotten an onsite alert for - The alert is still in my list - though the number of unread posts in the alert seems to go down. I assumed it was default XF functionality. IDK :(

J.

4. PoetJC

+5,327
    Time to publish an updated list of TAZ add-ons then? :p

J.

5. Floyd R Turbo

Floyd R Turbo Adherent

+172
    I guarantee you, it's not!! Either that or I'm completely missing a setting

6. Floyd R Turbo

Floyd R Turbo Adherent

+172
    I routinely visit Xenforo.com throughout the day. Many emails. I click every email link individually for a new browser tab (on desktop). If I don't ever hover over the alerts, they never go away.

Same thing on at least 4 other XF sites I frequent, including 2 I administrate

I
    MUST
    KNOW

7. PoetJC

+5,327
    Well if you must - then so must we all know LOL

J.

8. Floyd R Turbo

Floyd R Turbo Adherent

+172
    I made the connection. The alerts clear upon reading of a thread....when using XenPushover and the Pushover app.

It might actually be ONLY related to XenPushover.

I have 2 sites, one uses it, one does not. I was able to get the alert to clear on the site that uses it by (after getting an alert) going to the home page or 'new posts' or 'recent posts' whatever...then clicking the link for the recently update thread for which I received the alert. Not by phone, mobile browser, or via pushover alert swipe.

This doesn't work this way on my other forum, which does not have pushover installed. It also doesn't work on xenforo.com, of any other xenforo forum I've been on...

9. PoetJC

+5,327
    You may be right. I believe the functionality you're referencing is a feature from the Pushover app...
    As you've noted, the only distinction between Xenforo.com and TAZ & the forum you have it installed on - IS the XenPushover app.
    Like Howard mentioned - Chris D should be able to clarify :)

J.

10. Xon

Xon Adherent

+446
    I can't believe I've never thought of that before.

I'm going to try to make this an add-on this weekend today.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
    • Pure Genius! Pure Genius! x 1
    • List
  11. Xon

Xon Adherent

+446
    One lightly tested add-on, it will mark all alerts on a page as-read when the page is viewed.

Need some thought on how to communicate that a bunch of alerts where just marked as read. Perhaps an ajax callback to request marking alerts on a page as read rather than on-load.

At some stage I'll be adding a 'mark as unread' functionality to alerts, which will go in this add-on.

:edit: added XF.com RM link.

• Pure Genius! Pure Genius! x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
    • List
  12. PoetJC

+5,327
    WHOA! How'd the hell you do that? And talk about quick turnaround - how'd you manage to do that so quickly?? You must be a coding protege.
    And sorry to sound out-of-the-loop - but do you make a lot of XF add-ons? What's your XF username? And kudos for the share. Perhaps Floyd R Turbo can make suggestions as for additional functionality. Kudos though dude! :tup:

J.

13. Xon

Xon Adherent

+446
    My XF.com profile is imaginatively called xon, my other XF add-ons can be found here. Please be aware that I'm basically fully booked out with developing for the two sites I do work for. I'll post this add-on onto XF.com's RM at some stage within the next 5-6 hours.

Thankfully, this is a very simple add-on, with a single location to be adjusted and very limited functionality to test. Plus I was bored at work on a Friday afternoon.

This add-on does however add another SQL query per page-load if members have pending alerts (guests automatically are skipped), and doesn't offer feedback on what got marked as read.

14. PoetJC

+5,327
    Imaginative username aside (LOL) You've got a nice repertoire of shares. I've used a few of your add-ons actually!

I won't pretend to know what he coding language means --- But nice to know business is good anyway. And I'm sure more than a few will appreciate your penchant for doing substantial things while bored at work LOL It's gonna be a nice share. Thanks!

And hope you have a great weekend!

J.

15. WoodiE55

WoodiE55 Enthusiast

+33
    The Sandman, what are you using to add all the options for TaigaChat?

16. ozzy47

ozzy47 Tazmanian Veteran

+4,328
    We were, but the one now is, Siropu Chat.

17. WoodiE55

WoodiE55 Enthusiast

+33
    Oh, I hadn't heard of that one. Thank you for the quick reply ozzy47!

18. PoetJC

+5,327
    Yep. TAZ changed to Siropu chat, another premium chat option.
    Seems it has as part of its default featureset what TAZ had used a couple additional premium XF add-ons to accomplish.
    So - Siropu is a less expensive option - thus the migration to it.

J.

19. ozzy47

ozzy47 Tazmanian Veteran

+4,328
    Not a problem. :)

20. OUTL4W

OUTL4W <style>OUTL4W GFX</style> :p

+247
    can you link to "who has read this thread 1.1.1"? can only find the one from ragtek but thats at 1.0.1b2

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.