TAZ Addons

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by RiverM, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Phillip

Phillip The Priest

+1,494
    I haven't upgraded my site to 1.5 beta yet, so I am still waiting on it...but I have installed the add-on to my site, though. :)

2. zappaDPJ

zappaDPJ Administrator

+5,403
    As far as I can tell (I didn't set it up), TAZ is just using the XenForo Feeder Application which is the software default. I use it extensively on a some of my forums and it works well.

ACP > Applications > Registered Feeds for anyone looking for it.

3. Indianparents

Indianparents Enthusiast

+101
    Below each thread, I can see link to previous thread and next thread.
    Capture.JPG

What addon does TAZ use for this?
    It will be nicer if we see the title of previous and next thread.

4. Lisa

Lisa Chaotically Proportional

+8,473
    • Informative! Informative! x 1
    • List
  5. Lisa

+8,473
    You're welcome ;)

6. Lisa

+8,473
    Also, if you mouse over the Previous/Next links you will see a preview of the respective threads.

• Informative! Informative! x 1
    • List
  7. Indianparents

Indianparents Enthusiast

+101
    Yes it does. I never noticed that. Thanks again. I used these links all the time in VB. Now it takes additional time to go back to thread list to find the next thread.

8. vij

vij Enthusiast

+26
    How did you style the username text beside the mini avatar a different color? Any pointers will be very helpful :)

Edit: Oh, thats the usergroup styling. Mine just takes the styling of the normal url link and there doesn't seem to be any way to change....

Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
  9. blakefire

blakefire Aspirant

+2
    The Sandman I see TAZ has a change username add-on installed, is that something that was custom made for TAZ? Or is there a resource out there for it? I didn't see it over on the XF site.

10. The Sandman

The Sandman Administrator

+5,510
    It's not custom - a part of Daniel Hood's User Essentials I believe.

11. blakefire

blakefire Aspirant

+2
    Ah ok awesome! This was something I was looking to get anywho.

12. InMyImage

InMyImage Participant

+20
    Is TAZ using an addon to get the extra tabs and menu items in the top menu bar? If not do you know of something that would allow me to add more items with links the the bar?

13. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Opinionated asshat

+3,591
    If you are talking about the ShowCase, Post Ratings, Resources and Shoutbox - all those are generated by add-ons installed.
    You can edit the navigation template and add additional links (and sub-menus). Details on that can be found at the XenForo support site.

14. zappaDPJ

zappaDPJ Administrator

+5,403
    The add-on Nodes As Tabs allows you to add nodes and external links to the main navbar.

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/nodes-as-tabs.9/

15. Floyd R Turbo

Floyd R Turbo Adherent

+172
    I just have to say that TAZ is one of the model sites for what is possible with Xenforo. I find myself on here a lot because of content mainly but also because it just runs so smooth and is really well presented. Not over the top. I use Russ for styles (before I realized is was used here) and many of Daniel Hood's as well. Now I've got a few more to use to improve one of my sites!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  16. Floyd R Turbo

Floyd R Turbo Adherent

+172
    Someone tell me...is there an addon or something else that clears an alert when you visit the thread?

It seems every other XF forum I visit maintains the alerts until you hover/click, which means they build up. But not here. How???

17. PoetJC

PoetJC ⚧ Jacquii: Black Kween of TSSN ⚧

+5,327
    I'm not quite bothered by the alerts not clearing.
    But what you've proposed would be an awesome XF add-on. I'm not sure if it exists - but it would be nice to have such functionality as XF core.

J.

18. Floyd R Turbo

Floyd R Turbo Adherent

+172
    What I'm telling you is that when I swipe a pushover alert, like the one I just got for your post above, it takes me to this thread AND clears the alert. No other XF forum does this.

19. PoetJC

PoetJC ⚧ Jacquii: Black Kween of TSSN ⚧

+5,327
    Oh! I thought you was talking about the actual website alerts dropdown.
    But if you're using the Pushover app - that's Pushover functionality... I believe. May need to ask The Sandman or Steve or Joeychgo

J.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.