TAZ Addons

Lisa

Chaotically Proportional
LMAO! I had no earthly idea what it meant. I even googled it and google apparently didn't know - so it must be a new thing LOL.
Thank your 12 year old for me ;)

Hell yeah! It must be true = You really do learn something new everyday.
/me commits YID to memory as well yehehehe :p

J.
To be fair, when I read it, I wondered why he was talking about Tottenham Hotspur (their fans are known as the YID Army) LOL

Cmely

Enthusiast
I'm happy I've made your brain works for a while...:p

...to be honest it took me a while to figure first what HTH meant :rolleyes::LOL:

PoetJC

⚧ Jacquii: Kween of Hearts ⚧
To be fair, when I read it, I wondered why he was talking about Tottenham Hotspur (their fans are known as the YID Army) LOL
Continuing to learn.. Now I've added Tottenham Hotspur (what a name) and YID Army to my TAZucation for the day :D

I'm happy I've made your brain works for a while...:p

...to be honest it took me a while to figure first what HTH meant :rolleyes::LOL:
Well - I admit - you did get it working for a minute or two.
Now on to Dying Light where I can rest my brain for an hour or several of gaming delight :p
Top of the morning/afternoon to you both!

J.

zappaDPJ

ok this has been bothering me since i noticed it,

taz has a nice 'feel' to it so i was interested in the mods you use, there are some mods from digital point, ad / geo related, given that shawn was sent to prison for crimes related to this area, are you sure they are ok and there is nothing in them that could hurt you or your customer base?

As sure as we can be and from a personal perspective I'd place Digital Point/Shawn's mods at the top of my list in terms of being trustworthy.

The Sandman

Tazmanian Addict
taz has a nice 'feel' to it so i was interested in the mods you use, there are some mods from digital point, ad / geo related, given that shawn was sent to prison for crimes related to this area, are you sure they are ok and there is nothing in them that could hurt you or your customer base?

While I don't consider myself a "Shawn expert" (if indeed any exist at all :)), I am reasonably well acquainted with him and don't have any problem at all having him participate on TAZ, using his add-ons, giving him admin access here when needed for troubleshooting and such, etc.. Shawn has been very open and forthcoming in sharing the details of his adventures with the forum admin community - it's really up to each individual to make of it what they will. I consider Shawn to be an asset to the community, and certainly not a danger to it.

beGood

Participant
I've been playing around with blocking cookies on various websites, yours included, people can make of that what they will (sorry i cant help being naughty)

I noticed you cant log into taz without having cookies enabled. Is this a feature of xenforo? or just software moving on or is it an add on? I ask because the earlier versions of vb you can log in blocked cookies and all.

and i'm really n.o. expert so i may be showing some major ignorance here, but doesnt peoples confidence in sites and cookies they deliver affect advertising revenue somehow? I glanced at this article about the blocking feature in firefox? blocking third party cookies Its becoming more popular. Are cookies a topic for this industry? I'm very new and have just been lurking.

Digitalpoint

Brain
I noticed you cant log into taz without having cookies enabled. Is this a feature of xenforo? or just software moving on or is it an add on? I ask because the earlier versions of vb you can log in blocked cookies and all.
XenForo requires cookies. The latest version of vBulletin also requires cookies to log in. The way old versions of vBulletin handled sessions without cookies was more because way back then people were still using browsers that didn't support cookies. t made for ugly URLs like: http://www.yoursite.com/showthread.php?t=1234&s=ae7e6b1af2a002d9578b0956bf99b6aa

So basically vBulletin was tracking the session key (ae7e6b1af2a002d9578b0956bf99b6aa) via every URL the user went to instead of getting it from their cookie.

It caused all sorts of problems... for example if someone copy/pasted their URL in a post or anywhere else, someone clicks on it, and all of a sudden they were logged in as the user the unique URL was intended for. Huge security issue.

Either way, tracking sessions via unique URLs for every user is a thing of the past (thankfully, because it's a major headache trying to deal with users not understanding that all URLs on the site are unique to them, and giving it to someone else authenticates that user as them). Like I said, vBulletin doesn't work that way anymore.

There is nothing inherently evil about cookies... cookies can't steal your information or your money or anything else. The only data a server can get via cookies is data the server set itself to begin with. For example if you browse to a site and it gives you a cookie value of "1234567890", it doesn't know who you are specifically, it just knows you are the same person it gave the "1234567890" value to.

Sysnative

Habitué
The Sandman

Did you install the AzuCloud SEO mod (or similar)? I saw this appear in a few threads:

upload_2015-5-17_13-48-1.png

If this appears more prominently, there is quite a large risk of getting a keyword stuffing penalty - it's not a mod you want to keep. ;)