TAZ Addons

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by RiverM, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Senior Citizen

+623
    I'm interested in the New Posts modification that shows the number of new posts since last visit. Can you point me to that?

2. doubt

doubt Tazmanian

+2,053
  3. Igneous

Igneous Participant

+15
  4. Steve

Steve Administrator

+3,168
    AMS - There are 3 licenses to choose from (for now) as well so be sure to check them out.

5. Igneous

Igneous Participant

+15
    Sorry to bother you guys yet again but how about the nifty badge system you've got? Is this custom for the site?

6. The Sandman

The Sandman Administrator

+5,510
    It is custom, done by Steve. But Lisa might have a way to approximate it.

7. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Tazmanian

+1,800
  8. Igneous

Igneous Participant

+15
    Thank you for the speedy reply! Please share if you can Lisa, they certainly look beautiful.

9. The Sandman

+5,510
    BTW, they aren't really badges... they're usergroup icons.

10. Igneous

Igneous Participant

+15
    I'm sorry! :( When I inspect element'd the page they were named badges!

ai.imgur.com_d0Gkh14.png ! I'm not crazy I swear!

• Informative! Informative! x 1
    • List
  11. The Sandman

+5,510
    Don't be sorry! It's a semantic difference is all - they're not part of the trophy or badge system - they only represent usergroup membership. They look like badges though.

• Something Fishy! Something Fishy! x 1
    • List
  12. Lisa

Lisa Chaotically Proportional

+8,469
    Yeah, I do have one, but it's completely unsupported now and is unlikely to be updated for XF2 - just for full disclosure.

13. sbjsbj

sbjsbj Fan

+301
    Sorry to bump this up. Alfa1 Joeychgo Paul M Steve The Sandman we_are_borg zappaDPJ

Okay, funny story. :D

Some days ago I abused the report system and was asking, if TAZ could raise the edit time for the first post only of a thread of mine.
    I mean I could have pmed someone of course, but TAZ has so many mods/admins, I couldn't decide who to contact.:morganna: (I didn't even @ the mods, you have that many :D)

So I said to myself, just report that thread of mine and whoever is responsible can decide and reject my report and send me an alert telling me what the decision was. :whistle:

I thought this is convenient. No need for a pm, it automatically shows what thread I am talking about and the alert back to me gives me the decision.

Now, of course the alert back to me told me that "XF doesn't work like this, I should have known: If I need an edit, contact us" :ROFLMAO:.

Okay, so why am I bumping this thread, you will ask yourselves? To contact you about it in public? Nah.

I know that TAZ is famous for using so many addons and I remembered that there is a thread about it here somewhere. And this is that thread.

And I must say that I am disappointed not seeing Snog First Post Edit Time Limit addon installed on this forum. So, shame on you! :barefoot:

PS: I don't know why am I writing this, I have a good day right now and am too happy for no reason.

14. Bionic Rooster

Bionic Rooster Adherent

+203
    They have medication for that condition. :ROFLMAO: Actually none of what you wrote made any sense to me. :rolleyes:

15. sbjsbj

sbjsbj Fan

+301
    • I was just annoyed that I couldn't edit my own first post in my own thread.
    • So I reported the thread and asked for for time to edit things.
    • I got rejected telling me that I shouldn't contact them by reporting the thread, but by pm or something.
    • I asked myself if this forum at all has a setting to allow me to edit my first post and searched this thread to see what addons are installed on this board.
    • Wrote a meaningless post about it, just for fun. Just because I can :D.
    • Hope it makes more sense now.

16. Lisa

Lisa Chaotically Proportional

+8,469
    For the sake of sounding like a troublemaker .... who am I kidding, it's what I live for. ... I kinda feel that the time it took to send you a reply slapping your wrist for using the report method, they could have just edited the post. But what do I know. Personally, I think it's a valid use of the report function .... but hey .. again... what do I know ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. we_are_borg

we_are_borg Administrator

+2,115
  18. doubt

doubt Tazmanian

+2,053
    That could be much friendlier.
    TAZ would need it.

19. doubt

doubt Tazmanian

+2,053
    Choose who?
    Choose X.
    Does not have the time immediately, maybe in a few hours, maybe ignores the message.
    Choose Y in a few hours.
    Why are you sending your request to more than one person? One enough!

20. Alfa1

Alfa1 Administrator

+2,690
    Well report is fine, just as long as you make clear what it is you want. Your report made no sense. Multiple staff members were looking at it and then left the report with less brain cells than they came with. lolol. There was no slap on the wrist. We do not run the addon you assumed we would.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.