Take the plunge?

Discussion in 'phpBB' started by Renshaw, Jul 24, 2007.

1. Renshaw

Renshaw Keep at it!

+1
    Hi all btw, been a while since i posted.

Right, I'm just wondering, should I take the plunge in going to phpBB? - I've got a pretty fast growing community, and wanting to add more user interactions. For example, arcade. I'm currently using MyBB, but think that it lacks in the modifications available. Not to mention the support for the little ones they have.

Is phpBB all to be cracked out? Should I go with 2 or 3? Is myBB safer than phpBB?

Check my site out, should I leave as is, or go for it? (Not a shameless plug, you don't have to look!) - www.wiipros.co.uk

Thanks,
    Matt

2. Renshaw

Renshaw Keep at it!

+1
    Any help?

3. Hangman

Hangman Tazmanian

+269
    Hi Renshaw.

I'm currently using phpBB3 for my new board, and I really love it! Why don't you set up a test board, and have a play around with it to see whether it suits your needs?

phpBB3 is currently in RC4 and will hopefully go "gold" soon, replacing the antiquated phpBB2.

4. Renshaw

Renshaw Keep at it!

+1
    Thanks for the reply.

My forums rely mainly on a point system, do PHPBB3 currently have this, and is it useable?

Thanks

5. Renshaw

Renshaw Keep at it!

+1
    Do you use this?

If so, is it possible to recount all points in certain forums?

6. alasdair17

alasdair17 Enthusiast

+1
    Sorry i do not know.

Maybe ask the creator.

7. dojo

dojo Passionate admin

+131
    The script is good. I love it and have used it with great success. The development community is huge and they are very involved. The best support I got was on phpBB. I say go for it :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.