Still using IPB 3 or lower?

Nabix

Just looking back and reminding myself of how much I miss IPB 3.1. Are you or anyone else you know still running a board on 3 or lower?

Danielx64

Developer
Yes I'm a global moderator for a forum running 3.1 :) So yes it still around :)

GTB

Tazmanian
You can't really run old versions of IPS because in the admin CP they tend to tie things into their own IPS site that break. Because things like URL used, e.t.c - changed in next version. Had it happen on me before when all the help file links in ACP pulled from IPS site all broke after next release came out. They seem to tie a lot of things used in ACP with IPS site and tends to get changed and beaks when a new next release comes along

GTB

Tazmanian
Are you trying to say you can't really run the older versions because there are core features that were dependent upon services provided by IPS that are no longer supported - resulting in core issues with features not working?

No, I've had spam filter stop working after a new release. Other than that just things that end up bugging you because they changed URL to things like Help Files that ACP links back to on IPS site. Sure, you can still use the older software but you end up with broken things that bug you using it really because of how IPS link back to so much stuff in ACP from IPS site changed after a new release comes along.

Last edited:

GTB

Tazmanian
Just saying from my experience when I used IPS before and had all the add-ons with it as well. That is what happened after a new release came along and asked IPS staff at time "how comes certain things was now broken links in ACP, plus spam tool broken as well I used at time" and was told they changed it in newer release. I liked the version used at time and didn't want to update really to newer one and felt like they'd done it on purpose - as part of reason to keep you updating the software. I stopped using it after that, I think IPS have rather dubious tricks like that in how they try to keep people paying and updating