Stack Overflow goes back to the 90s

Discussion in 'Internet and Technology' started by R0binHood, Mar 31, 2019.

1. R0binHood

R0binHood Habitué

+903
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. Anton Chigurh

Anton Chigurh Ultimate Badass

+994
    Retro starting to make a little headway.

3. cornnfedd

cornnfedd Captain Futurama

+221
    love mouse trails. :)

4. MagicalAzareal

MagicalAzareal Magical Developer

+107
    The good old days before everything just became... Boring.

Less annoying politics, unique looking sites, etc.
    You can't even say anything any-more without some camp looking to make fault with you.

5. cornnfedd

cornnfedd Captain Futurama

+221
    I cant believe you said "the good old days" certainly words from the patriarchy that is oppressing everyone, you are nothing but a sexist and racist, clearly a white male with privilege, I really take offence to that, god I hope you dont eat meat as well.. ... bloody meat eaters. Does anyone even take the time to think about the Koalas? Next thing you will say some blah blah about freedom of speech. / end sarcasm

But on a serious note it is interesting to go back and see some of the old sites and what was posted on them, as facebook, google, youtube etc continue to censor people and remove freedom of speech its going to be a journey to see if forums actually survive, I wonder how the internet will look in another 10 years time?....

6. MagicalAzareal

MagicalAzareal Magical Developer

+107
    The left complain about the giants censoring them too lol

The beautiful thing about censorship is that everyone suffers, but one side fools themselves into thinking they're exempt right up until they're hit.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.