Spam or not?

Super_User

Enthusiast
So we got this post on our forum. And i dont know if its spam or not. Please tell me :\

Great post. I was checking continuously this blog and I'm impressed! Very helpful information particularly the last part :) Snip I care for such information a lot. I was looking for this particular information for a very long time. Thank you and best of luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

Namorat

Duder
Don't get blinded by the flattery...
What I wonder, though, is how they don't try to hide the links or make them less prominent and outstanding from their wording.

The spam I put on here at TAZ is much better, I think ^^

bucket

badge consultant
it's spam.

are you going to leave their link in the original post here?

Alex Apple

Lord Snowblood Apple
Despite the vaguely flattering (if badly worded) text, the very fact it's got an odd link randomly plonked in the middle of it - in Polish, even - for no apparent reason should ring your spam alarm bells very quickly.

Lycaon

Devotee
are you going to leave their link in the original post here?

That's a good point.

I've removed the offending link from the quoted text. I think it's fair to say that we know it's spam now.

Most certainly Spam.
I got my first spammer yesterday. The spammer just posted about 50 links in one post. He was deleted and banned quite quickly.

super_mecha

Aspirant
how do these spam bots work? i got a spambot when my forum was still new and had about 10 members

Panupat

Habitué
automated script that search the net for posting scripts. Once it finds one, it sends data directly to it without even having to read.

Lochie

TAZ Enthusiast
While it appears innocent, there is nearly always a link to the advertisers website. The message generally makes little sense.

Snooks

Aspirant
how do these spam bots work? i got a spambot when my forum was still new and had about 10 members
I use MyBB and just wanted to see how SMF worked. So i setup a forum on an empty domain name, checked a few things, saw how they worked and left it at that.

About 6 weeks later i realised i still had it.....i logged in and i had over 600 members with 4K posts (RAFLMAO)

All spam and auto bots and mainly pharmacy links. It was amazing :)

strugar

Participant
Not blatant spam; I'd rather say it's quite useless post, with spam potential.

What I wonder, though, is how they don't try to hide the links or make them less prominent and outstanding from their wording.

Here is one possibility: I spotted posts by some guy very similar to this described in original post here - some polite sentences, without any real value. However, when I looked posts in "Edit" mode, I noticed inserted image, which was not visible in post at all; it appeared, image was 1 x 1 size, so it indeed was invisible; after that, all he needed to do was to replace that 1 x 1 image with some larger image, and, hop!, it would appear in all his posts all at once!