Soundcloud Pausing For iPad User When Browing IPS Sites

Discussion in 'IPS' started by MarkFL, Nov 5, 2018.

1. MarkFL

MarkFL La Villa Strangiato

+1,577
    Hello all! :D

I help admin an IPS 4.3.6 site, and I recently had a user come to me with an issue. He uses and iPad, and every time he comes to our site while listening to music via soundcloud, he says his music pauses. He said our site is the only one he uses that does that.

I decided to send him a link to the IPS support forums, and asked him to see if that site also pauses his music, which he said it does as well.

I asked him to restart his device, which he did, but the issue persists.

Have any of you IPS forum admins encountered this issue, and if so were you able to find and fix the cause?

2. we_are_borg

we_are_borg Moderator

+1,800
    Just tested with 12.01 IOS soundcloud and IPS forums and its playing. Going to 12.1 will report when testing done.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 2
    • List
  3. MarkFL

+1,577
    He said he's had the device for several years and has never updated his iOS. He doesn't know what version he's running though.

4. we_are_borg

we_are_borg Moderator

+1,800
    IOS can auto update let him check Settings>General>About then look for version that line is what version he is running.

Just checked with 12.1 no issue.

• List
  5. MarkFL

+1,577
    Okay, I have advised him how to check what version he's running and will report back when he replies. Thanks for testing...I appreciate it. :D

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
    • List
  6. MarkFL

+1,577
    He says he is running iOS 10.1.1. In your opinion, should I advise him to upgrade to 12.x?

7. zappaDPJ

zappaDPJ Administrator

+4,767
    It may not be possible to upgrade to the latest version if it's an old iPad. I always upgrade all my Apple devices and nine times out of ten it's been the right thing to do but there's always that odd occasion when things stop behaving as expected and it's a real pain. If the device will upgrade to the current version some of the changes may not be welcome. It's a big jump and the device may be less responsive.

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. we_are_borg

we_are_borg Moderator

+1,800
    Always update while you can with Apple if his device is to old he can update to a certain point but always update until you cant go further.

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. MarkFL

+1,577
    Thanks! I found online the list of devices compatible with iOS 12 (he says his is on the list) and advised strongly that he backup his device first.

10. we_are_borg

we_are_borg Moderator

+1,800
    Yes always turn backup on on IOS for user data you get 5GB free that is enough for most people.

• List
  11. MarkFL

+1,577
    The user just got his iPad updated, and reports that the issue has disappeared. Thanks to everyone for their insights and direction...it is greatly appreciated! :D

• Like Like x 3
    • List
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.