Some MyBB 2.0 prototypes to be revealed

Discussion in 'MyBB' started by PenguinPaul, Feb 18, 2015.

1. euantor

euantor MyBB Lead Developer

+407
    Yep, he always does the major design work unless he's too busy. Of course, a lot of the design is open to change. Justin has changed it several times so far.

2. Phillip

Phillip The Priest

+1,492
    Awesome, I notice with some designs you can go back to the previous coding for header_ and such...I just converted a 1.6.16 to 1.8.4 and used the same coding for it all and it still works. Which is what I love about MyBB when doing designs.

3. euantor

+407
    That won't be possible with 2.0 I'm afraid. We're using an actual template system (Twig) rather than the current technique of using eval(). This means you can do things such as conditionals:

Code:
    {% if forum.children.count > 0 %}
        {% for subforum in forum.children.toTree %}
            <ul class="subforums">
                <i class="fa fa-level-up"></i>
                <li><a href="{{ url_route("forums.show", [subforum.slug]) }}" class="subforum-title">{{ subforum.title }}</a></li>
            </ul>
        {% endfor %}
    {% endif %}

• Informative! Informative! x 1
    • List
  4. Azareal

Azareal The AtomBB Overlord

+471
    857 active users? I assume that the statistics are hard-coded into the index page, at the moment?

5. Phillip

Phillip The Priest

+1,492
    Looks like I will be looking to working with something new after it the release and such or end up playing around with it to getting themes/styles to look awesome with it.

6. euantor

+407
    Yes, they are at the minute. There's still a long way to go before release. We're not going to be rushing it out of the door any time soon.

7. euantor

+407
    The official reference for designers is pretty handy: http://twig.sensiolabs.org/doc/templates.html

8. Phillip

Phillip The Priest

+1,492
  9. Azareal

Azareal The AtomBB Overlord

+471
    Is the post data imported from another site or are they also hard-coded into that page? Just curious about how far you've gotten with MyBB 2.0.

10. euantor

+407
    It's all imported/manually inserted into the database from the MyBB official forums from a while ago. We took the data while deciding upon the database structure as it's handy to be able to build against a decent set of data in order to get layouts and logic correct. As for how far we've gotten, not too far, so I wouldn't expect a release for a while. We will be having several alphas and betas before a first RC is available.

• Pure Genius! Pure Genius! x 1
    • List
  11. PenguinPaul

PenguinPaul MyBB Community Team

+23
    This is actually an outdated version of the prototypes. Justin has done some even better an amazing stuff that will be posted soon!

12. PenguinPaul

+23
    Here are the updated versions if the previously posted images:
    ai.imgur.com_RhwC6hp.png

ai.imgur.com_Q8bqWCm.png

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. Phillip

Phillip The Priest

+1,492
    That's what I am talking about that. That is just awesome how it is all changed and also the post counts and such, love it.

14. euantor

+407
    My bad, sorry guys. Should have checked the current images. You can clearly see the progression that's happened in a short amount of time now though ;)

15. Tiernan

Tiernan Enthusiast

+66
    I think what I'm seeing. I currently run on MyBB 1.8.

One feature that I couldn't get is having a custom user title that appears alongside the forum rank. Will this be possible in 2.0?

Its a pity I probably won't be able to upgrade when it is released. One of my plugins plays a major role on the site.

16. AllanD

AllanD Habitué

+164
    Thank you for the update, looking good.

17. Phillip

Phillip The Priest

+1,492
    You know in some of the screenshots I haven't seen what the forum statistics looks like yet. Do you have any screenshots of that yet?

18. PenguinPaul

+23
    That is possible in 1.8.

19. davemacc

davemacc Fan

+389
    The screen shots look very good. Nice to see the progress on this

20. marcgo15

marcgo15 Adherent

+109
    I like what I see so far :)! Any chance we can get a postbit and profile shot?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.