Some MyBB 2.0 prototypes to be revealed

Discussion in 'MyBB' started by PenguinPaul, Feb 18, 2015.

1. PenguinPaul

PenguinPaul MyBB Community Team

+23
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2015
  2. Divisionan

Divisionan Neophyte

+0
    My comment is already posted by someone else in there hehe. Postbit it is :)

3. Azareal

Azareal The AtomBB Overlord

+474
    All of it? Well, the important parts at the very least. Index, topics, etc.

4. euantor

euantor MyBB Lead Developer

+407
    More will obviously be shown over time. Consider it more of a dribble of information than a flow ;)

5. R44

R44 Asperger's Network? Absolutely.

+415
    Let's hope there's a wow factor.

6. euantor

+407
    I certainly hope so. I'm pretty excited about where we're headed :)

7. LeadCrow

LeadCrow Apocalypse Admin

+2,134
    Screenshot the responsive forum index opened on a generic smartphone.

8. R44

R44 Asperger's Network? Absolutely.

+415
    +1, please.

9. euantor

+407
    Something like this? I don't have a generic smartphone to hand, but these are taken using Firefox's Responsive Viewer (part of the developer tools):

Smartphone Vertical:

ai.imgur.com_D1h7A5C.png

Smartphone Horizontal:

ai.imgur.com_TCnpk9K.png

Small Tablet Vertical:

ai.imgur.com_sC4W4r4.png

Small Tablet Horizontal:

ai.imgur.com_BkdnzHt.png

Note this isn't finalised and things will likely change before release :)

10. Azareal

+474
    It reminds me of the 1.8 theme. I thought the new theme for 2.0 would be a much bigger overhaul in appearance.
    Nice to see that there's a sidebar now. Not sure how I feel about the big O on the navbar, as it feels very out of place.

Most interesting thing is probably the navbar, and the sidebar.
    Are you using AJAX for the alert system?

Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
  11. Phillip

Phillip The Priest

+1,486

I'm like that a lot already. 2.0 looks like a whole new software in itself, that's how I see this on the tablets.

12. Azareal

+474
    Quite honestly, I thought MyBB was going to drag the secrecy thing with MyBB 2.0 out for another six months or so, so it's a pleasant surprise that there's something to show. I'm just not seeing how it's unique in the current market, with quite a few decent choices in the free forum software market.

Does MyBB 2.0 have a full-out widget system like ABB, IPB, Wordpress, etc., or is the sidebar hard-coded into the index theme?

13. LeadCrow

LeadCrow Apocalypse Admin

+2,134
    Is a listing of today's daily updated topics at long last going to be shown out of the box for guests when search is available to them? I hoped that by 2015 MyBB would've given at least symbolic consideration to improve discoverability of content.

14. Azareal

+474
    Out of curiosity, Why is your name Justin in the screenshots?

15. Phillip

Phillip The Priest

+1,486
    Maybe his real name is Justin. Who knows really? :) Justin is a pretty cool name. I was going think cause they are working on it maybe he wanted to use Justin as just an example or something.

16. Azareal

+474
    I thought Justin was the one who creates the themes for MyBB. That's why I was confused.

17. Phillip

Phillip The Priest

+1,486
    There is a Justin S. I know that for a fact, he is the one who creates MyBB themes in general.

18. euantor

+407
    The big "O" in the navbar is the user's avatar, it just so happens that that is Justin's ;)

We're not sure yet as we're still writing a lot of the system and need to do serious feasibility testing. If we do, it'll be an option rather than being on out of the box.

There's a basic widget system being worked on. Widgets include:

- Forum List
    - Recent Topics
    - Who's Online

We'll also probably add some kind of social widget for a Twitter/Facebook feed. Of course, others will be easily treatable by developers.

As said above, the latest posts block is a widget, which can be used if an administrator wants to.

Because that's the name of the test user I use. My primary browser is Safari, but it doesn't have as good responsive utilities as Firefox does. I therefore use Firefox with a second test user.

19. euantor

+407
    And yes, the Justin in the screenshot does refer to Justin S :p Justin is the lead designer for the project, and Mike CreuzerMike Creuzer sometimes does some design work too.

• Informative! Informative! x 1
    • List
  20. Phillip

Phillip The Priest

+1,486
    So Justin is doing the styling for 2.0 also? This is going to be awesome. :)

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.