Some mistakes about web hosting services

Discussion in 'Hosting Discussions' started by John23, Jul 29, 2010.

1. John23

John23 Neophyte

+0
    Hi,

If you open up Google and do a search on the word "Hosting", more than 400 million web pages come up as a result. With that much competition, is it fairly easy to get lost while searching for a hosting provider and evaluating which are the most important things to consider are as follows.

# The hosting company must control their servers.
    # Don't let your hosting company own your domain.
    # Avoid Free Hosting Of Any Kind.
    # Seek a Host With Good Support.

I think it will definitely help to newbies.

2. Joshuad

Joshuad Developer

+61
    I see the tip, "Don't let your hosting company own your domain" a lot, and it wasn't until very recently that I have ALLOWED my host to be my one-stop shop for my website needs. For the past 7 years, I have used the same hosting company, but until last month, I have always kept my domains registered with GoDaddy. After 7 years of good service, I have no fears in allowing my host to be my registrar, and if something goes awry, which after this much time to see if it will be my last stop, I'm willing to risk the transfer fees for the convenience of NOT having to deal with GoDaddy or some other registrar, not to mention my DNS resolution happens between 2-24 hours instead of 24-72.

It's not that I don't agree, because I still give the same tips to people who ask me, but I'm just going to say there are exceptions to every rule, and I consider my case to be one of them.

3. WebhostGIANT_Rob

WebhostGIANT_Rob Adherent

+0
    I have seen a lot of people which can't afford paid hosting and need to use free web hosting services. On the freewebspace you will be able to find a lot of free web hosting companies which will be able to provide you good support and services.

4. Cutsizzle6

Cutsizzle6 Aspirant

+0
    I am very happy I can have very good quality hosting for 2.95 a month from a friend. I definitely get more bang for my buck then most other sites.

5. WebhostGIANT_Rob

WebhostGIANT_Rob Adherent

+0
    I think there you are considered as top client, aren't you?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted