Sitemap Storage Location

Discussion in 'vBulletin' started by Pigoo, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Pigoo

Pigoo Aspirant

+7
    Can someone tell me where vBulletin 4.2.5 typically stores sitemaps when they are generated via the Admin CP please?

I know in the Admin CP >> Settings >> Options >> XML Sitemap...there's an entry field for "sitemap file path".

I think the file path that's currently entered in there now is not correct (or got changed)...and I wanted to enter the filepath that would be more "normal". Can someone please tell me what the "normal" file path would be for sitemaps when the vBulletin software generates them?

Thanks

2. mysiteguy

mysiteguy Devotee

+2,079
  3. Pigoo

Pigoo Aspirant

+7
    Thanks very much mysiteguy. Both pieces of info very helpful (default storage location of sitemaps & how the sitemaps are accessed). You actually anticipated my next question (sitemap access).:)

Thanks

4. mysiteguy

mysiteguy Devotee

+2,079
    They handle it that way since the sitemap specifications allow a sitemap to be a single file with all the data, or a main file pointing to multiple files (since each file is limited to about 50K URL entries). By VB having only one URL to remember, its easier for us humans :)

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.