Simple forum that handles multiple SAML IDPs?

Discussion in 'Other' started by NotRupert, Apr 11, 2019.

1. NotRupert

NotRupert Neophyte

+1
    I'm setting up a small forum for a client, and we're testing out different platforms. One rare requirement is that the forum should support SAML login from several IDPs. In our other applications this is handled through apache + shibboleth, which then passes on a few extra HTTP headers to the underlying application (i.e. REMOTE_USER, EMAIL, etc).

I've so far failed to find a platform that supports this, either natively or through plugins.

Any tips?

2. gConverter

gConverter Participant

+40
    1. Consider to create forum based on WordPress/wpForo Forum. Wordpress has all features you need.
    2. Install WordPress and SAML SP Single Sign On plugin. There are other alternatives too.
    3. Install wpForo Forum plugin. if you don't need WordPress features you can use "Turn WordPress to wpForo forum" option in Dashboard > Forums > Settings > General admin page. Thus the WordPress will be totally turned to a nice forum based on wpForo. If you'll have some posts/pages on website front-end don't use this option, just use a standard way to set wpForo on website home page.

That's it. All is done !)

• Informative! Informative! x 1
    • List
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.