Show us your MyBB!

Discussion in 'MyBB' started by The Chosen, Nov 11, 2006.

1. avb3

avb3 Aspirant

+6
    Nice.

I'm having trouble seeing up a mobile friendly site. Any hints?

2. meetdilip

meetdilip Tazmanian Master

+733
    Looks nice. It is a nice theme.

3. meetdilip

+733
    Nice domain. I would suggest some customization and use something other than default theme which gives an impression that the forum management know how to customize MyBB. You can also post on community cooperative if you would like to get some helping hand.

4. PoetJC

PoetJC ⚧ Jacquii: Black Kween of TSSN ⚧

+5,328
    Definitely agree with Dilip here.
    You're running a forum within the 'customization of MyBB' niche - yet your forum is a vanilla MyBB install with no customization and no recognizable branding effort. I think you can do better Philip, by creating something worthy of the MyBBSupport.us domain :)

J.

5. euantor

euantor MyBB Lead Developer

+407
    That is a pretty epic domain you've got there, congrats. I definitely agree on the topic of making the most of it though - if you can afford to, get a custom theme made and get some promotion going. The MyBB support community niche is hard to make headway in given the official forums, several long running competitors and an abundance of locale-specific forums catering to most other main user languages (mybboard.de, mybb-es etc).

6. Phillip

Phillip The Priest

+1,493
    Thank you guys for the awesome feedback on my latest project. :) It's very helpful.

I took your guys advice and made my site A bit better and not the default theme is used.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2014
  7. meetdilip

+733
    Good luck with your site. Also please use normal fonts and colours. Red really hurts the eyes.

8. iOSInterest

iOSInterest Neophyte

+1
    My Forum URL: iOS Interest

Tried to make a simple, flat and IPBoard looking site :) Premium theme installed, and a few edits done by me, as well as a many free, and a few premium plugins installed.

Any feedback is appreciated :)

9. meetdilip

+733
    Pretty. If I may, an iOS style theme will make it more attractive.

10. meetdilip

+733
    Loading very slow. Just for your information.

11. meetdilip

+733
    Looks nice. In fact, really nice.

12. PoetJC

PoetJC ⚧ Jacquii: Black Kween of TSSN ⚧

+5,328
    Your forum looks nice. I have no idea what it's about though.
    You might try adding a guest welcome header of some sort, so that your site visitors will know immediately what your forum is all about. Just an idea...

Anyway - nice work on the look. Good luck with it ;)

J.

13. meetdilip

+733
    Pandaaa , the current theme of forumboost also looks nice. Why not consider getting a .com or .us or something ?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2014
  14. Pandaaa

Pandaaa Aspirant

+5
    Currently I have payments to pay in real life what is stopping me getting a domain just yet, I want to sort out money issues in the real word before spending what I may not have to spend. :) Once I have left over money I will be purchasing a .com. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2014
  15. meetdilip

+733
    Nice. I mentioned it because it was showing a warning in WoT add on due to the domain.

I perfectly understand what you mentioned. Nothing wrong in it.

16. Pandaaa

Pandaaa Aspirant

+5
    If all goes well I am hoping to have the money to spend around Thursday/Friday :) No worries about mentioning, I love all suggestions received.

17. osredworm

osredworm Aspirant

+0
    Some nice forums I see here :) I wish I could post mine. But I just finished deleteing it as it takes loads of time to manage one.

18. mr_lamont

mr_lamont Neophyte

+0
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2017
  19. dawges

dawges Participant

+37
    I like your forums. Very nice, i like the people and atmosphere. You are very lucky.

20. meetdilip

+733
    Looks nice.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.