Show us your IPS Communities!

Discussion in 'Invision Community' started by gogoblender, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Maddox

Maddox Habitué

+970
    Craigles700Craigles700 are you using a theme at all? I ask because sometimes themes change the default font and size. If you're just on the standard default theme then I'll take a look tomorrow as I'm closing down for the night and I'll get back to you; in the meantime let me have your site address and I'll look at what's in there. If you don't want to post it in here, send me a PM.

As an aside I've had to mix it with the CSS that I previously mentioned as it was a right old mess on FF and Edge, also (as always with CSS) you get something looking the way you want and throws something else out of canter, so I've had to be a little inventive and add some additional custom CSS and change a few templates.

;)

2. Craigles700

Craigles700 Enthusiast

+65
    I think we got it. The site is here.

3. gogoblender

gogoblender shiny happy pantless

+517
    I like the colors
    good idea for a forum/community btw...
    do you hike often, are you able to put up pix and commentary regularly of your hiking?

:)

gogo

4. Craigles700

Craigles700 Enthusiast

+65
    I try to get out at least once a week. Life gets in the way sometimes. I blog each of my hikes. Just trying to get more members.

Thanks for the kind words!

5. gogoblender

gogoblender shiny happy pantless

+517

Posting regularly about something you're doing is your product. That's going to be the number one reason I would think that folks would come by... for your commentary, remarks, points of view...
    Forums need products to sell themselves to communities.
    Either they offer companionship, or members to play games with, knowledge to solve games with or insight into questions...the list of products is endless.
    looks like you've got your "product" .. keep it up, never stop... you'll find your members
    :)

gogo

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
    • List
  6. Kevin

Kevin Oooh, something shiny!

+1,167
    Just... curious. Anybody have examples of photography based forums using IPS? I'm really curious to see what they're doing for a landing/portal/home page utilizing IPS.

Poking through this thread I came across Oblivion State but not much else that was targeted towards the topic.

7. fixer

fixer I'm In My Prime

+907
  8. cornnfedd

cornnfedd Captain Futurama

+206
    I do enjoy your site mate, its very well done.

9. fixer

fixer I'm In My Prime

+907
    Thank you, made my day

10. .Kyle

.Kyle Participant

+6
  11. Thomas P

Thomas P MCSEboard.de Staff

+1
    https://www.mcseboard.de - Windows Server & IT Pro Community.

Founded Nov. 2000 we are on IPB since Dec. 2012. Before that we were on UBB > UltraBoard > vB 2 beta and later on vB3.
    As already said somewhere else: We converted and upgraded a lot and still keep the very first post online.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.