Show me Your Woltlab Burning board

demon326

Enthusiast
Now running WBB. Finally took the plunge. Still working on setting things up yet.

http://GTB's old forum.com/

Welcome tot he small non-german club! Make sure you install the 'UZ Community Bot 2' addon, its free and very powerfull... it can automated stuff for you...

PoetJC

⚧ Jacquii: Kween of Hearts ⚧
Ok TAZ friends i got my forum up and running, still there is a lot to do, im still working on it and i just want to let all of you know about it. It is in spanish so warned :confused:
Dando.click forums

I know my logo looks awful :/
Congrats on getting the forum up :tup:
And yep - the logo is pretty bad. First and foremost - it's barely visible because of the dark color. The concept seems okay though - but it simply has not been executed in the most creative way. Perhaps consider posting TAZ's Graphic Requests section if you're interested in having someone either design a new logo or revamp your current logo concept ;)

J.

luiss

Participant
Congrats on getting the forum up :tup:
And yep - the logo is pretty bad. First and foremost - it's barely visible because of the dark color. The concept seems okay though - but it simply has not been executed in the most creative way. Perhaps consider posting TAZ's Graphic Requests section if you're interested in having someone either design a new logo or revamp your current logo concept ;)

J.
Thank you. I appreciate your suggestion

Suggestion: Uninstall the Legal Notice package, if such a thing is not required by laws in your country: http://foros.dando.click/index.php?legal-notice/. It looks awful, when it's empty.
Thanks. I did uninstall it.

greatestmj

Aspirant
Here is mine - SysAdmin.xyz. I'm still working on it. For the most part it's done and ready.

I do want a better logo though...

Hi there. I don't know if its my internet or something else. I'm getting error while opening your website on my phone. I get SSL secure connection error. Why is this happening?

PoetJC

⚧ Jacquii: Kween of Hearts ⚧
Here is mine - SysAdmin.xyz. I'm still working on it. For the most part it's done and ready.

I do want a better logo though...
Forum looks great. You've got a great skin.
I'm not sure about your logo design though. It's an interesting choice to use the yellow color. I think the design would be much better minus the white border though and yellow drop-shadow. It seems so incredibly bright. If you're looking for a better design - you might consider posting in TAZ's Graphic Requests forum.

Welcome to TAZ btw. And best of luck with your forum!

J.

andrew3d

Aspirant
i created a hunting dog forum. My goal was to keep it simple and easy to use. If this forum is opened and I do attract users, I am sure that most of our users will not be computer or forum experts. I have not decided whether I will run it. Why? Because there are already two major forums already providing what I would provide.
Not afraid of the competition, but does anyone have thoughts about bringing a forum up where there are already established forums offering about the same kinds of discussions? Maybe I could try to build a niche? I put it together for fun, and to gain knowledge about the Burning Board software so no real loss to me if it never flies. But a nice airplane in a hanger where it was built that never flies is sad though. :(

I am looking for constructive criticisms, mainly in the form of suggestion, but if if you have hard critical comments, go for it. You won't hurt my feelings at all.
Below is the site.

www.rabbit.dog

I have another forum that I have run since 2002 now running Xenforo, and I want advice for that site also, but will post that request in the proper place.

Thanks to anyone who sends suggestions.

Sherrie

Fan
You don't look at it and know straight a way that it's burning board! What do you think of burning board so far?

andrew3d

Aspirant
And Now Serving Linux officially joins the Burning Board family. Still a WIP from the conversion from IPS, and I'm learning (slowly) the way to do the styles/template modifications.
The logo is not finalized... I'm still working on it - but needed to get something in there besides plain text. :p

I will say it is different because of the theme you chose. I like it.
I do some Linux as well so I will probably register for your newest forum. I feel like I already know you because you have given so much technical advice to others on the Xenforo support forum. :D

BTW, I also still run Xenforo and now starting with Burning Board for a second non related forum.

andrew3d

Aspirant
It is nice and bright for sure. I like it. Unfortunately, I know almost no German. English is hard enough.

Herzliche Glückwünsche