Selling a forum, buyer wants to pay with paypal?

Discussion in 'Generating Revenue' started by Bikenut, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Bikenut

Bikenut Enthusiast

+39
    Is it safe to accept paypal as a payment? Whats the preferred and safe payment method. I worry about transferring the forum over and then having him dispute the transaction later.

2. zappaDPJ

zappaDPJ Administrator

+5,500
    I prefer to have a wire transfer direct into my bank account for larger sums of money as I've found PayPal to be a little unpredictable when it comes to disputes.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative! Informative! x 1
    • List
  3. mysiteguy

mysiteguy Devotee

+2,280
    If it's a large amount I insist on an escrow service.

4. Shawn Gossman

Shawn Gossman Tazmanian Master

+1,948
    When I bought out my competition, I used an escrow service but I paid over $1,000 so I couldn't see doing that with PayPal.

5. Timelord_

Timelord_ Enthusiast

+37

Anything over a few hundred bucks, I would go with an escrow service.

6. PoetJC

PoetJC ⚧ Jacquii: Black Kween of TSSN ⚧

+5,327
    Paypal can be a bet sketchy. But generally can be trusted as far as web projects are concerned.
    If there's any issue - Paypal will generally rule in favor of the project owner. Something about non-perishable goods and all that jazz...
    I've trusted Paypal with a few large transactions and have never had any issues.

J

• Informative! Informative! x 1
    • List
  7. Bikenut

Bikenut Enthusiast

+39
    I went ahead and used Paypal, but only after having him sign a detailed sales agreement with detailed payment terms. I charged half up front, half after the database and domain were transferred. Went smooth, I got my money and he got a forum.

8. Timelord_

Timelord_ Enthusiast

+37
    Congrats on the successful exit!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.