Seeking input from the experts on forum platform migration evaluation

Discussion in 'Forum Software' started by bernard, Sep 14, 2018 at 4:37 PM.

1. bernard

bernard Enthusiast

+6
    Hey folks. It's been a long time since I visited here regularly. I'm way out of touch with developments in the forum software market, so I thought I'd pick your brains a bit and maybe shorten my trek across the learning curve.

I'm still running a few forums on vB 3.8. The forums are hosted on a dedicated server (not shared hosting or VPN).

The sites have been running fine for years, but traffic is declining and I think it's time to upgrade to a platform that includes more features for social engagement. I've seen the front ends for forums running XF and IPS and they are OK, but I'm not sure how they compare in some aspects:

- page/link architecture for SEO
    - server demand/load
    - mobile accessibility (my users currently use tapatalk - I like the push notifications that tapatalk offers)
    - CMS (I currently use vBAdvanced to create additional pages for the site - either option have something near as good?)
    - ad management (vB template system allows me to add code to show ads to guests only - logged in members don't see them)
    - spam registration prevention

Appreciate any insights. Thanks.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.