Sedo frustration....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kevin, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Kevin

Kevin Oooh, something shiny!

+1,225
    Gggrr..... sometimes the people on Sedo drive me nuts. There was a domain I was interested in, opening bid was $1,250 USD. More than I'd prefer but I really liked the name (and happen to have the .net & .org TLDs already). Put my bid in... seller comes back nearly instantly with a counter of $12,500 with a comment that he's been offered more. So they set the opening bid to be just 10% of the price they really want and add a comment that, what, I'm supposed to be impressed by or something?

Yeah, this guy can keep the domain. :cookie:

2. pierce

pierce Habitué

+719
    I don't like sedo I'm trying to remove it but if there an offer in its not possible

3. overcast

overcast Adherent

+69
    Typical tricks in business. Some of the time they also plant the troll for higher price to create buzz and then once some genuine offer comes up. I think it's better to avoid such sellers.

4. Kevin

Kevin Oooh, something shiny!

+1,225
    Sedo domain #1... didn't go to well (see above).

Sedo domain #2... seller has yet to respond to the negotiation. :cautious:

GoDaddy domain #1... domain I want is in their auction listings, let's see if anybody else in the niche notices the domain in the next few weeks. :whistle:

I may need to come up with some alternative domain choices. :LOL:

[EDIT]
    Theme designer #1... reached out to somebody at IPS forums about a custom theme, no response yet. Guess I'll be seeing who else is out there or just taking a stab at it myself.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
  5. HWS

HWS TAZ Member

+140
    Problem with Sedo is that -as a seller- they do not allow you to text the potential buyer what you like. There are several pre-texted choices you are allowed to send. So you really can't communicate with the buyer and you can simply disregard the text with the bid.

Simply send a counter offer of $1250 again to communicate that you are not willing to pay more. The sender has to accept it or end the bidding process.

6. Paul M

Paul M Limeade Addict

+2,233
    There are so many TLDs now its not practical to get the same name across them.

Around 10 years ago we had about 40 different domain names for our site.
    We decided it was just ridiculous, and over the last 5 years have let most of them expire.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.