Security of websites and software

Discussion in 'Internet and Technology' started by we_are_borg, Jan 15, 2019.

1. we_are_borg

we_are_borg Administrator

+2,068
    I have added a few RSS Feeds to the Article Management System one of them is security breaches and i'm looking at them almost daily. You can say every week we have one or two breaches in security of accounts of websites and/or software. Haven't companies learned nothing at all its mind blowing that this still happens.

If you want to read more about the breaches https://theadminzone.com/ams/category/security.5/

2. R0binHood

R0binHood Habitué

+865
    It's a real shame the new content discover system on XF1 sucks for add on content / content that isn't threads. There's some really interesting threads in there from that feed, but honestly, I doubt I'll ever check it or see it again as I only use the new posts button here to check for new content. If the articles aren't in that feed I'll never see them.

3. zappaDPJ

zappaDPJ Administrator

+5,186
    I agree. I find new content discovery to be unsatisfactory on most of the forums I visit.

4. we_are_borg

+2,068
    Would be nice if you can add add-ons to a feed that would make the site more functional.

5. MagicalAzareal

MagicalAzareal Magical Developer

+78
    Security isn't cheap. Google focuses on it heavily, as otherwise, the consequences would be too frightening (imagine everything Google knows about you getting leaked onto the darkweb o_O).

As for Facebook, I think they follow the philosophy of "move fast and break things".

6. Alfa1

Alfa1 Administrator

+2,625
    XF2 is not any better IMHO.

7. we_are_borg

+2,068
    I like the IPS way you can just make your own stream.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.