Running into some PHP upgrade issues...

Discussion in 'vBulletin' started by Sal Collaziano, May 19, 2017 at 5:07 PM.

1. Sal Collaziano

Sal Collaziano Womanizer

+73
    Hey people,

I went ahead today and upgraded all my vB's to the latest new version that supports PHP 7. That was no problem. However, I attempted to upgrade Easy Apache 3 to 4 - which comes with PHP 7 - and ran into various issues. Here are a couple of the errors I received afterwards:

vBulletin:
    Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysqli_init() in /home/directory/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 1340

WordPress:
    Your PHP installation appears to be missing the MySQL extension which is required by WordPress.

...so I rolled back to Easy Apache 3 and set everything the way it was... Is the mysqli extension not enabled by default after upgrading? The php_mysqli.dll DLL needs to be re-enabled in php.ini? I hadn't thought to check that earlier...

Last edited: May 19, 2017 at 5:16 PM
  2. GTB

GTB Tazmanian

+1,036
    Sounds like you have a module for MySQL not ticked with php 7 that's needed

3. Sal Collaziano

Sal Collaziano Womanizer

+73
    Thanks. I imagine that would be in the Apache settings, right? I'm using WHM...

4. GTB

GTB Tazmanian

+1,036
    I don't know, never used WHM. I use Cpanel and the modules can be activated in 'Select PHP version' you can pick from. And you can switch to more advanced settings in each one to enable different modules.

Capture.PNG

Last edited: May 19, 2017 at 6:48 PM
  5. GTB

GTB Tazmanian

+1,036
    For PHP 7 these are the default modules I have ticked. Every host is different though, but seeing what I have ticked for MySQL might give you some idea of what is wrong.

Capture.PNG

Last edited: May 19, 2017 at 6:50 PM
  6. Sal Collaziano

Sal Collaziano Womanizer

+73
    Thank you. I think I need to load php 7 in without Easy Apache. I'll have to ask my server admin to be sure. I did read about something exactly like you're saying. That sounds like the right way to do things... Thanks again...

7. Sal Collaziano

Sal Collaziano Womanizer

+73
  8. GTB

GTB Tazmanian

+1,036
    The first link shows you a 'detailed video' on how to do it.

9. Sal Collaziano

Sal Collaziano Womanizer

+73
    Thank you. I appreciate you taking the time to help me out here. :)

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted