Right now I am...

Discussion in 'Fun & Games' started by Akela, Dec 23, 2010.

1. Akela

Akela viam aut inveniam...

+158
    I am sitting in the lobby of Vancouver Shangri-La and they have wi-fi access for guests :-O

• Like Like x 1
  2. iDad

iDad Aspirant

+0
  3. Akela

+158
    I know, I know I tend to get over excited over the little things, but still :-D. I wish my own building was as nice.

4. iDad

iDad Aspirant

+0
    I've been to Vancouver but many moons ago, I don't think that was there
    just saw it on web.......WOW!

5. datrue_canadian

datrue_canadian Haters gunna hate.

+7
    isnt vancouver beautiful? I used to have an uncle who lived there.

Havent been there in over a decade though...Ontario is where its at!

6. Lycaon

Lycaon Devotee

+224
    About to leave the house to go finish/more or less start Christmas Shopping.

7. Akela

+158
    My family agreed for no gifts this year :banana:

My condolensces to you DeadlyStream :p

8. thebofh

thebofh Adherent

+18
    I am wrapping presents under the air con wearing nothing but boxers because it's 37C outside.

9. pumpkinzu

pumpkinzu Neophyte

+0
    creating a new website.

10. Namorat

Namorat Duder

+174
    Ditto.
    It is wonderful without presents.

11. walton007

walton007 Enthusiast

+2
    Is it worth a visit really?

12. Nev_Dull

Nev_Dull Post no bills

+337
    Right now I'm sitting in my home office sharpening my blade. (no, that isn't a metaphor :hopeless:) I'm listening to Christmas tunes and smelling the pies cooking in the oven downstairs.

Haven't been to Vancouver in ages. I love the old Sylvia hotel. At the risk of incurring Akela's wrath :irked:, I have to admit I prefer Victoria.

13. Lycaon

Lycaon Devotee

+224
    Well it started off as being a bloody good run, went to numerous places and every time I managed to get a parking space straight away, even if there was only one or two free.

The actual buying was good too, I had reserved quite a few gifts on the Argos website but the ones I hadn't were a breeze to find.

And then I got home....

First, about a month or so ago I ordered this for mum which was guaranteed for delivery by 23 December and it hasn't arrived, luckily though I also bought this at the same time and that did arrive about 2 weeks ago.

I then set about the task of wrapping presents which involved lobbing bags of presents on the table with a few rolls of wrap and saying to the sister get on with it. Anyway there we were, sister with the easy job of wrapping presents and me with the rather strenuous job of writing labels and affixing said to afore mentioned presents and of course each present sister asking 'Who's this for?'... nosey cow... And then I noticed something, or more like didn't notice something, I couldn't see Shane's present.
    So I hunt through all the bags and then run out to the car, I hadn't tied the bags up and with my driving there's very little chance of anything staying in the bags, anyway I still can't find it. By this time sister has found the receipt in the bag, Argos always stamp each item on the receipt to say it's been received and of course there's no stamp next to. So I run back out the car and drive to Argos to find that they are closed now.

So Shane has no present this year, what's buggered me off the most is that the dippy trout in Argos filled the three bags up and then handed them to me saying 'Your receipt is in the bag sir, Merry Christmas' - Call me cruel but I hope Santa doesn't give her anything tonight.

Couldn't do that over here mate, it's bloody cold - Not sure about going south for winter, after getting out of the shower everything appears to have gone north.

14. PoetJC

PoetJC [* Jacq Of All Trades *]

+2,881
    ... sipping a beer, getting ready to code a bit ...

15. gogoblender

gogoblender shiny happy pantless

+411
    Traveling on the holidays...exciting! Can't you send us pix?

C'mon and share!

:D

gogo

16. Akela

+158
    Not travelling, I live in Van. You of all people should know this :hopeless:

Right now I am doing absolutely nothing. It is x-mas eve, after all :jiggy:

17. thebofh

thebofh Adherent

+18
    Right now I am wishing Christmas was over, only 9 hours & 18 minutes to go...

18. xenoclix

xenoclix Aspirant

+0
    And im sitting here in 40 degree c heat sweating like no tomorrow and got work in 2 hours :(.

19. PoetJC

PoetJC [* Jacq Of All Trades *]

+2,881
    wanna trade? It's 28 degrees in Tennessee right now - cold as hell-frozen-over
    Anyway... I'm browsing the net, telling myself to get away from the computer and relax a bit... So I guess I'm gonna relax a bit [​IMG]

20. Namorat

Namorat Duder

+174
    Just woke up. After shoving some snow and eating I came online to find nice things waiting for me. Now I am about to check the forums I have a connection to.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted