vBulletin Require Edit Reason 1.3

Require users to give a reason for editing posts/Give a list of reasons from which they can select.

1. MarkFL

MarkFL La Villa Strangiato

+952
    MarkFL submitted a new resource:

Require Edit Reason - Require users to give a reason for editing posts/Give a list of reasons from which they can select.

Read more about this resource...

2. Stratos

Stratos Aspirant

+21
    Hi Mark. Some users do not bother to write or select a suggested Reason and put dots or what else with no sense.
    If there was for "Suggested Reasons" to select the only option for (usergroups selected) it would be better for those bad users.
    *usergroups selected.... must select one of the "suggested reasons" other wise can not edit the post.
    Sorry for my English, if you see this idea ok, it will be great in some future update.

Thanks

3. MarkFL

+952
    I had initially considered that some unruly users might type garbage into that field, but restricting them to choosing a predefined reason really isn't going to make them choose the most applicable reason. Such lazy uncooperative users would likely just choose the first reason, or even go out of their way to choose the least applicable reason.

My advice would be to add users who are going out of their way not to cooperate into a usergroup that cannot edit their posts at all.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
    • List
  4. MarkFL

+952
    This did remind me that I've been sitting on an update for this product:

Update - Version 1.3:

• Add ability to exempt all usergroups from being required to edit, to allow for the setting of pre-defined edit reasons only.
    • Load javascript on showthread script only if quick edit option enabled.

• Like Like x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
    • List