Replacing Wordpress With Bob's AMS

Discussion in 'XenForo' started by Grimey1, Sep 14, 2018 at 11:21 AM.

1. Grimey1

Grimey1 Aspirant

+4
    I've had Wordpress on my homepage for years, but I'd like to get rid of it and use Bob's AMS as my site's article management system. Does anyone here have AMS as their index, and if so, can you share your experience implementing it? Thanks.

2. we_are_borg

we_are_borg Moderator

+1,722
    Well lets get Alfa1Alfa1 in he knows the people that uses AMS better then me.

3. Alfa1

Alfa1 Moderator

+2,429
    Do you have a specific question about AMS?
    Its a great article system. You can use it as your index. But it is in XenForo so it does not allow multiple languages like WordPress does. If languages is not a factor then go for it.

4. we_are_borg

we_are_borg Moderator

+1,722
    Also remember that you do not learn AMS in one day, this add-on is big and you can do a lot with it.

5. Grimey1

Grimey1 Aspirant

+4
    The only specific question I have right now is about the difficulty of using as the index in place of Wordpress. Multi-languages isn't something I need, so that's not holding me back.

Gotcha, thanks.

6. Alfa1

Alfa1 Moderator

+2,429
    Just set XenForo basic Board options to AMS home: /admin.php?options/list/basicBoard
    Thats it. If you mean that you want to display something else than articles on your homepage, then use bd widget system as your home page and fill it with the widgets you need.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.