Shared Recommend a host for Xenforo board

Discussion in 'Hosting Discussions' started by DaveL, Mar 8, 2018.

1. DaveL

DaveL Habitué

My host has been bought out and some changes have been made which is no resulting in my members seeing errors such as:

Can anyone recommend a shared hosting platform for my board please?

Bandwidth im using roughly 70GB a month with 10GB storage.

Thanks in advance
  2. LeadCrow

LeadCrow Apocalypse Admin

What were the specifications of the plan you were using? You might have outgrown shared hosting.
  3. DaveL

DaveL Habitué

Forum was ticking along fine with no issues for many years with my current host, then he sold it and the new owner I believe has made some changes. All the resource error messages started after we were transferred to SSD.

4. DaveL

DaveL Habitué

Had this back from my current host:

If you check the attachment, you will see you are just about on the maximum for a standard hosting account, 100CPU processes, I would double this to 200 which would be more than enough CPU power.

Let me know.
  5. pierce

pierce Habitué

Your already paying more for a shared hosting than a vps.

I use 600gb a month and pay less!

But what's this about processes? What's your concurrent users? Or pageviews per minute?
  6. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Opinionated ass-hat

Usually when CPU use exceeds their granted allotment it's time to start looking at why. Is it due to actual visitors? Is it due to a DDOS attack (something they should mitigate normally), is it due to poor coding script/add-ons being ran/used (mitigation to be done by you).

If due to excess visitors, then it's usually an indicator that your site has outgrown normal "shared" hosting. If that's the case, it's time to look at upgrading to a decent VPS.
Draft saved Draft deleted