Recently successful forums

Discussion in 'Internet and Technology' started by gonzalo h, Jun 13, 2017.

1. gonzalo h

gonzalo h Aspirant

+5
    any successful/active forums established in 2016-2017?

2. BrandonSheley

BrandonSheley loving life

+831
  3. gonzalo h

gonzalo h Aspirant

+5
    I'm sorry but this does not answer my question :) what I mean was were there any forums started in 2016-2017 that are active. (not popular necessarily but active user base) The reason I ask is I learned that the early 2000's was a boom for forums but I am curious about recently established ones.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
  4. bomb

bomb Neophyte

+1
  5. gonzalo h

gonzalo h Aspirant

+5
    Interesting :einstein: but what about forums in the U.S Canada UK etc. any ones established in 2016-2017 that are active?

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
  6. zappaDPJ

zappaDPJ Administrator

+3,974
    I suspect the lack of response is probably indicative of just how hard it is to get any new forum active these days.

7. Kevin

Kevin Oooh, something shiny!

+964
    Or it is indicative of...
    • (a) The admins/owners of the forums aren't here on TAZ to see & reply to this thread;
    • (b) and/or that Brandon already answered that there are no known tools listing forum startup dates that is searchable;
    • (c) and/or when somebody else gave an answer the OP gave them a 'thumbs down' for no apparent reason and then added an addendum to the topic dealing with just a certain region.
    Which, combined, may lead some people to see this thread and move on.

8. mysiteguy

mysiteguy Devotee

+1,388
    I've got one, a great busy community, traffic is growing 30-40% every year.

Another I bought which was dead for several years, down to less than 5 posts per week, and have turned it around. Anywhere from 25-100 posts per day, and climbing. This year was the big turning point after a lot of work traffic is growing really well.

Next, I'm going to focus on another to grow. That's what I do, 23 years experience at this. Many of people who say forums are dying its because they got into it seeing the cash-out phase that began in 2007, thinking it's an easy route to $ucce$$. Its not, it takes hard, smart work, but can be very rewarding. The forum market is over saturated, you have to know how to stand out.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. gonzalo h

gonzalo h Aspirant

+5
    I'm so sorry I did not mean to thumb down I thought that this emoji :tdown: was a thinking emoji (can't see through my tiny screen) my bad :)

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
  10. gonzalo h

gonzalo h Aspirant

+5
    congradulations on your sucess :) were they established in 2016-2017? may i see the links

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted