Rebuilding a moderator team?

s2kinteg916

Enthusiast
So i took over a forum recently that was dying and while the moderation team is still on staff.

My moderators are more like members since there hasn't been much going on other than the members connecting with each other every once in a while.

How would you go about getting them motivated again than building in newprocedures since there aren't any.

Tecca

Fan
Motivated for what, if the forum is dying? I think the next step would be to try and get the forum active again, and that's likely not the moderator's job unless that's been discussed and is something they're supposed to do. If it is, I would take the lead by posting new content, asking for suggestions, and attempting to get the ball rolling. They won't until the owner does.

Ummagumma

Adherent
I would seriously take a step outside of the box, look in and see if what you have there is either worth the fight to get it back up, or is worth starting from scratch again.
Once a forum is dead, it's bloody hard to get it back..
As Tecca said about, take the lead by posting content and asking for suggestions. You lead by example ultimately.
Good luck!