Really Annoyed...

Ancodi

Adherent
I tried to update MyBB and failed. Lost all my forum in the process...
However, I DID export the MySQL tables from MyPhpAdmin. Not quite sure what to do next though.

Alex.

The Ancient Dragon
Reinstall MyBB and import the tables. I'm sorry you lost your forum, Joe. Exactly what went wrong? Maybe you could forward the error to MyBB staff so this kind of event doesn't happen to other MyBB administrators. :)

Ancodi

Adherent
It wasn't MyBB's fault, it was either mine or my host's. My FTP lost connection half-way through an upload and then I had trouble uploading the forum completely. I went to make a new Byethost account and uploaded my forum there instead.

Alex.

The Ancient Dragon
Ouch! That's actually one of my worst fears on the internet. My ISP has a habit of starting work in the area and it ruins internet connection for a few hours to a few days for people here. I always have this bad feeling that my net connection will crash one day when I'm uploading or changing files. :(

Ancodi

Adherent
Yeah, it's not fun. Should I delete all the current tables from my newest install in MyPhpAdmin and then import my .sql file?

Alex.

The Ancient Dragon
You would have to, unless you want two completely different sets of tables. :p

I actually did the same a week ago on a local install of MyBB, I demo'd one install and uploaded the SQL backup to the first one, of course I had different named tables so I pretty much screwed myself over with that. :lol:

It's always best to test locally using XAMPP or something similar and then do it live. :)

Ancodi

Adherent
I've got my posts back! Now to just fix the mess-up of the look.

Alex.

The Ancient Dragon
Just load your XML style file, assuming you backed it up with template changes since it asks for it when you do click on the export option.

Ancodi

Adherent
Thanks ever so much for the help, now my forum is back to normal! =D

davidsmith

Aspirant
I had that happen once, but it wasnt my error, it was mybb

during the upgrade it just made a copy of its self so in the admin panel, there was 2 of every setting, and every thread in the forums was dubbled up. and i did not have a backup.... but i have the forums rebuilt from a backup i had that was 6 days old. so its all good now.