Raspberry Computers

Discussion in 'Programming' started by fixer, Jan 8, 2018.

1. fixer

fixer “You're a daisy if you do!”

+427
    my next adventure utilizing the versitillity of $5 computers anyone else mess with them?

2. we_are_borg

we_are_borg Moderator

+1,650
    I have 5 raspberry pi 3b on my desk. I still need to set them up one will become a DNS/DHCP server to other’s will become a cluster to play with.

3. Anton Chigurh

Anton Chigurh Ultimate Badass

+708
    "The kind you find in a second hand store..."

4. Matthew S

Matthew S Adherent

+170
    I replaced a tower server with one. I use it for DNS/DHCP/Leafnode/backup management/Cacti/SMTP relay/Log management/Mediawiki and probably a couple of other things I've forgotten at the moment. Just plug an externally powered USB drive in for storage and they can do just about anything you can do on a normal Linux computer. Quiet and less power usage, too.

I'm trying to get another one to run a FreePBX VoIP server, and I hope to get a nosql/hadoop cluster up and running by the end of the year (time permitting). Tiny, quiet, affordable, and useful. What's not to like? :tup:

5. fixer

+427
    people are building $30 emulators and selling them faster then they can make them

6. we_are_borg

we_are_borg Moderator

+1,650
  7. fixer

+427
  8. we_are_borg

we_are_borg Moderator

+1,650
    Its not a rom its a 1GHz pc with 512MB ram nothing illegal about it. With 10 or 20 you can make a nice cluster.

9. fixer

+427
    they are loading 12,000 roms onto the raspberrys and selling them as retro gaming machines $30 in parts and making $$ hand over fist

10. we_are_borg

we_are_borg Moderator

+1,650
    You mean the nes, super ninteno, n64 etc roms yes some do offer that option, but yes that is illegal to do. Where i get my raspberry pi offer such option but no roms everything what they give is legal to have namely the emulators.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.