Pushover [Premium Members]

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by The Sandman, Aug 4, 2014.

1. The Sandman

The Sandman Administrator

+4,865
    You don't? If you set it up correctly it will send you a tone to your phone or tablet whenever you get an alert. If your already online and you clear the alert within a short time Pushover won't send it out.

2. Justin

Justin *Insert witty title here*

+786
    Ooh took a few minutes but it works! Wow that's cool.

3. The Sandman

+4,865
    It is pretty cool. :D

4. PoetJC

PoetJC ♠ Black Jacq! Give Me My Coins!! ♠

+4,524
    I tried Pushover and found it to be one hell of an annoying app.
    Sure wish Tapatalk could be reconsidered :(

J.

5. MrGravyCakes

MrGravyCakes Aspirant

+3
    Windows phone left out as usual :( Windows phone get no apps :(

6. Alex.

Alex. The Ancient Dragon

+1,156
    Oh, I forgot about Windows Phone. I hadn't seen 1/3 the entirety of the Windows Phone user population, you and Micah, complain until now. If it helps, I'm on Android and didn't redeem my code because these notification apps are annoying. Old-fashioned is the way to go. Goes well in a glass with some ice too. ;)

7. Floyd R Turbo

Floyd R Turbo Adherent

+150
    So how many people use Pushover and how does it compare to Tapatalk? I'd like to try it so I'm thinking of upgrading to Premium (not just for this reason) and d/l ing the app.

Just to clarify, I can get the app and try it before I have to pay the $4.99 IAP, correct? Considering Pushover instead of tapatalk.

8. Joeychgo

Joeychgo TAZ Administrator

+2,961
    Its not a full app. It just forwards alerts to your phone and links you to the content which opens on your phone browser

9. Floyd R Turbo

Floyd R Turbo Adherent

+150
    Well that basically replaces the main function of Tapatalk that I use. I get the alert then go via browser to the site. Lol. So what's with the comments like this one:
    Since Tapatalk does exactly the same thing, with the notifications?

10. The Sandman

+4,865
    You control exactly which alerts are pushed to your phone and which sounds are used.

11. Floyd R Turbo

Floyd R Turbo Adherent

+150
    Just upgraded & installed app

• Like Like x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
    • List
  12. Floyd R Turbo

Floyd R Turbo Adherent

+150
    Holy $&@! There are a LOT of notification options!! I like this very much already

13. PoetJC

PoetJC ♠ Black Jacq! Give Me My Coins!! ♠

+4,524
    When I tried it -- very briefly I might add -- I had a hundred and one million notifications...
    Perhaps the options have changed slightly? More control over which notifications and the amount of notifications?
    Hmmm. I may install the app again. Perhaps my opinion will have changed since I first used it...? IDK. I just appreciated the Tapatalk app. I wasn't inundated with notifications AND most of the forums I'd surfed at the time was using Tapatalk. I suppose it should be noted that I still have TT installed - but very rarely use it since it's no longer installed here at TAZ.... And honestly - I rarely use my phone for browsing so IDK if Pushover will even be used if I reinstall it. What to do what to do??...

J.

14. Floyd R Turbo

Floyd R Turbo Adherent

+150
    Literally, anything that creates a Xenforo alert can create a push notification. But you can turn off any of the individual notifications in the External Accounts options for Pushover on TAZ. So if you only want to get pushes for replies and convo messages, but not quoted post alerts, trophies, likes, etc etc you can turn those off. You still get the alert on the browser version, just not the push.

Tapatalk can't do that. They control the things you get push notices about, and that sucks. I'm going to offer this like TAZ does, as an option to paid members.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative! Informative! x 1
    • List
  15. Floyd R Turbo

Floyd R Turbo Adherent

+150
    Did this stop working for anyone else here?

16. The Sandman

+4,865
    Still works fine for me - got one for this thread in fact.

17. Floyd R Turbo

Floyd R Turbo Adherent

+150
    Yup me too. but it stopped pushing for XF, and also for my local forum where I have it installed.

18. The Sandman

+4,865
    Maybe Chris DChris D will have an idea where to look for the problem.

19. Alfa1

Alfa1 Moderator

+1,730
    Why not use onesignal so no one needs to install an app?

20. The Sandman

+4,865
    That was because XF.com upgraded to XF2. Chris DChris D has updated the Pushover add-on so it's working properly again.