Psychology and forums

Discussion in 'Members & Staff' started by Puddleduck, Dec 19, 2006.

1. Puddleduck

Puddleduck Participant

+0
    I've been looking around for sites/articles on the psychology of online communication, and wondered if anyone could recommend me any? So far I have this, which has made interesting reading, but I'm sure I'm just scraping the surface :)

Thanks in advance. Oh, and I figured that this would fit here (being people-related), but if it doesn't, I apologise.

2. Ollie1

Ollie1 The Only e107 user?

+3
    It fits here not to worry!

As for psychology, check TAZ's articles section. I believe we have one or two relevant articles in there.

3. PalePhoenix

PalePhoenix Prince of Dorkness

+29
    Yes, there are some articles, but a simple search for the word 'psychology' might give better results. The articles that purport to discuss this topic (at least, the two I see that might have appropriate titles) aren't really written from a professional standpoint at all.

Start with these:

4. Puddleduck

Puddleduck Participant

+0
    *facepalm* Yes, I see a search would've been good. Although thanks for the links - I particularly liked the thread about colour, being that I'm currently working on my forum's skin.

5. Leilani

Leilani Fan

+2
    I found the article you linked to be very interesting, Puddleduck :)

Thanks for the links, Phillip, especially the one about colors. I am still using the default skin and color scheme at my forum but am considering some changes to boost interest.