By Shawn Gossman · May 26, 2016 ·
  1. Shawn Gossman

Shawn Gossman Tazmanian Master

+1,941
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2016
  2. Indianparents

Indianparents Enthusiast

+101
    Useful information Shawn. But article was (unintentionally I am sure) stuffed the keyword 'promotional forum' making it slightly difficult to read. :)

3. Wes of StarArmy

Wes of StarArmy Adherent

+128
    The article needs to start by explaining to the casual reader what a promotion forum actually is.

I agree about the keyword stuffing.

4. martin smith

martin smith Aspirant

+3
    I agree about your post but keyword stuffing is more...

5. overcast

overcast Participant

+20
    There are promotion forums where some of the old users just attack the staff and the owners. And they add no value of their own. And it just gets boring on such sites. I think people who think their criticism builds the community by attacking the staff and owner. I think that's what goes wrong about the promotion forums lately.

6. MagicalAzareal

MagicalAzareal Developer

+27
    Well, there is a reason that people are so p**sed off there. The staff went around deleting profile posts which even hinted at the staff not being competent, the admins went around locking threads immediately with no justification because they didn't agree with them and sometimes the staff would break their own rules while enforcing those same rules on users.

They also banned random people who dared to disagree with them in threads. If they want people to give them a chance, then maybe they should start with a formal public apology for abusing their power rather than pretending it never happened.

As they say in Game of Thrones, "The North Remembers".

Meanwhile TAZ, which I was never a particular fan of is apparently so free speech these days that they were debating paedophiles in a thread. Something that would send most people running for the hills.

It's also the good old "forums are dead" scenario. Forums are already marginalised enough, and forums which exist for the sole purpose of promoting forums are even more niche than a regular forum.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.