Product Review Pages--Show me yours.

Discussion in 'XenForo' started by Philpug, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Philpug

Philpug Aspirant

+17
    We need a revamp for our reviews, we are doing them in thread form but need sepate product pages. It would be great to learn from others successes and and help avoid the mistakes that you might have made. Most of our reviews are ski/snowsports and cycling based.

It would be great of you can post links to your site. We ideally wil be adding these when we migrate to XF2.X

2. Philpug

Philpug Aspirant

+17
    No one wants to show what you are doing? What happened to "sharing is caring"?

3. Joeychgo

Joeychgo TAZ Administrator

+3,385
    I don't do product reviews or I would be happy to share

4. southernlady

southernlady Coder/Designer

+66
    No product reviews either...or none to speak of. I have them on a separate board. They just create a thread for their review.

5. Philpug

Philpug Aspirant

+17
    What do you mean "on a seperate board", do you mean another site?

6. southernlady

southernlady Coder/Designer

+66
    No, it’s on the same forum, but only allowed on one board on that forum.

7. afaast

afaast Aspirant

+5
    I'm using the resource manager with custom fields for reviews. Here is an example review: https://ebikesforum.com/resources/a2b-alva-electric-bicycle-review.10/

It takes a lot of time to set up all of the custom fields (and even longer to manually sort their order) but once it's done it's done.

I then want to use the Xenforo Resource Filter Addon so that users can filter the information in the custom fields and display ebike reviews with exactly the specifications that they are after.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.